UKBouldering.com

Send this ****** some abuse! (Read 1435 times)

guppy

Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 04:43:28 pm
:evil: Found this on Rockfax Forums...Rocktalk . Any comments!!

Sorry but I just don't get it. Ok warm up on a little traverse at the cragg, but people travel all around the world to climb a boulder 7ft high. This has to be the biggest perversion of a sport ever. It is like having a penalty shoot out sunday league.

Lots of the boulderers I have seen have genuine skill, why not use that and go and climb some proper routes? Cragging is practice for real routes so what is bouldering. Other than a bizzare way to waste your time. I saw someone last year in the cairngorms with a matt over 3hrs walk from the road, to get there they would have to have passed some fantastic granite routes! Weired...... Ban it!  

Send him and his mates some abuse I have!
Outrageous
Guppy

AndyR

• forum hero
#1 Re: Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 04:53:45 pm
Quote from: "guppy"

Send him and his mates some abuse I have!
Outrageous
Guppy

A very small number of things in life are actually worth getting worked up about.

Some humour-challenged imbecile attempting a wind-up on CT isn't one of them.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 04:54:30 pm
It's probably just a troll - and if you take that mentality then routes are just training for the Alps....which are just training for the Himalayas....etc....yawn!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 04:58:33 pm
I think he has been dealt with pretty effectively. No need to get in a slather about it.

squeek

• junky
#4 Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 05:04:03 pm
If they wants to get upset about not understanding bouldering let them, they probably get upset about lots of other things too.  Or the original poster is actually a boulderer trying to wind people on rocktalk up.  

It's not exactly an original post is it.  Next it'll be E0, what's grade of 3 pebble slab,  are short people are better at overhangs, yawn...  weekend time anyway...  this weekend I might go sports climbing!  I'll have to start posting on uksportsclimbing.com next week.

dave

#5 Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 07:12:15 pm
basically if everything you do in climbing isn't culminating in an ascent of everest from sea-level without oxygen then its not worth doing and you shold be ridiculed appropriatley.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6 Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 07:16:25 pm
i found the biggest hurdle to be not choking on a chapatti

JR

• forum abuser
#7 Send this ****** some abuse!
May 27, 2005, 10:51:57 pm
Quote from: "dave"
basically if everything you do in climbing isn't culminating in an ascent of everest from sea-level without oxygen then its not worth doing and you shold be ridiculed appropriatley.

i think only goran kropp fulfills that then...

andy_e

• forum hero
#8 Send this ****** some abuse!
June 07, 2005, 11:30:10 am
any clue to the url so i can ridicule?
they're probably goths who spent all there lives finding fun things boring. and probably an armchair mountaineer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal