UKBouldering.com

Odd shoes? (Read 1561 times)

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
Odd shoes?
April 13, 2005, 10:41:38 pm
Just watched the very good new video on bear down of james pearson doing equilibrium, good effort to the guy well done. But i was wondering why was he wearing anasazi lace ups on one foot and the velcro on another? this pobably has a very simple answer, but I keep seeing it in climbing videos too and was wondring why.

RopeBoy

• menacing presence
#1 Odd shoes?
April 14, 2005, 12:17:38 am
Can't comment on the Equi vid but you might have a route/proplem with a very small edge or pebble that requires a stiff boot on one side.

Never had to do it myself but know a few people who do it. :lol:

J

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#2 Odd shoes?
April 14, 2005, 12:54:11 am
It's not that uncommon. I've got two pairs of shoes on the go (one soft pair and one stiff pair) and would have no qualms about wearing one of each if the conditions/route/problem required it.

And what RopeBoy said!

(My favourite part of Amatuer Hardcore is Mr. Katz changing shoes halfway through the Casseg Groove SDS footage! Waddage :!:)

As regards the Equilibriuim vid, excellent as per usual from the Beardown team!  :clap: :clap:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#3 Odd shoes?
April 14, 2005, 01:00:24 am
r.e. what MooseBoy said (in case you hadn't realised!)...

"you might have a route/proplem with a very small edge or pebble that requires a stiff boot on one side. "

God Damn.... THATS what I'm on about mo' fo',  fo' sho' :!::!::!:

andy_e

• forum hero
#4 Odd shoes?
April 14, 2005, 10:16:17 am
i did it on digitation at brownstones, x-cube on the left for pocket, mugen on the right for smearing. it looks cool/quirky anyway.

Paz

• junky
#5 Odd shoes?
April 15, 2005, 03:54:41 pm
Has anyone tried out that Evolv service where you can order odd sized rock shoes (presumably only of the same sort).  I would have done it including the forking out of 20 extra if the shop let me take the boots there and then and ordered replacements for their stock.  I'm not waiting 2 weeks if I've just given them over 80 quid and anyway you want to try the boots you buy to take into account boot to boot variation within the same size, to get the best fit.  The great service we get here is probably why it's not uncommon for Bristolians to buy boots elsewhere.

andyh

• stalker
#6 Odd shoes?
April 15, 2005, 05:00:56 pm
anyone know of anywhere u can buy single as opposed to pairs of boots. my solitary x-cube is getting lonely... :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal