UKBouldering.com

isolating your weak arm (Read 1786 times)

MrBlue

• regular
isolating your weak arm
April 26, 2005, 12:57:08 am
evening all...

anyone got any tips as to the best way of working a weak arm more than the strong? i had an injured right shoulder and as such my left is now considerably stronger than my right, and i can feel it doing most of the work when i'm doing pullups etc on my doorframe/bar.

i want to try to balance them out, cos at the moment all i seem to be doing is making my left stronger and my right weaker... :roll:

cheers...

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#1 isolating your weak arm
April 26, 2005, 01:05:18 am
Uneven pull-ups on a board (weak arm high, strong arm low) are ok & force you to pull much harder with your 'duff' arm.

One-arm locks (If you can't do 'em, set up a pulley sytem with added weight on the other end to assist you. Take weight off as you get stronger)- Concentrate on the weak arm.

Hope that helps.

JR

• forum abuser
#2 Re: isolating your weak arm
April 26, 2005, 09:23:53 am
i have a wickedly weaker left arm after i smashed it up.  Doing lots more weights on it in the gym seems to be helping but bench pressing is still lobsided.  chin ups will only make it strong for chin ups in the long run, if its inherently weak you should try and work all the muscles in the arm back up to strength.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#3 isolating your weak arm
April 26, 2005, 04:37:40 pm
Kiss your right knuckles every time you do a pull up and just focus on pulling with the right arm. Also do some mono assisted lower downs on the right. Do loads of press ups as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal