UKBouldering.com

Out of Stamina? (Read 2398 times)

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Out of Stamina?
April 13, 2005, 03:55:36 pm
This very morning at the Tor, Rupert linked Stamina-Band into out of my tree. Has this been done before? Is it the most important link-up since the last link-up climbed at Raven Tor? Is anyone up for the real challenge of Pump up the Stamina-Tree-Boots?

Good effort Ru.

dave

#1 Out of Stamina?
April 13, 2005, 04:06:13 pm
is this harder than stamina-PUTP? i know PUTP is 8a+ but then again on that link you're leaving staminaband before that last hard move, but presumably this new link takes the full staminaband crux then OOMT?

Is anyone trying the blindingly obvious blueband-staminaband-wild-in-me route linkup? If not, why not?

cofe

• forum hero
#2 Out of Stamina?
April 13, 2005, 04:34:54 pm
i've done the powerband-to-last-move-to-trainers-to-tideswell-chipshop linkup a few times. think this might be slightly harder than what ru has just done, circa wimberry 8b.

hope this helps.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#3 Out of Stamina?
April 13, 2005, 04:39:01 pm
surely after doing the last move of staminaband/powerband you could just rest there for 20 minutes?  the staminaband/PUTP link up didn't have a rest in it.... or am i totally decieved.

cofe

• forum hero
#4 Out of Stamina?
April 13, 2005, 04:43:18 pm
Quote from: "unclesomebody"
or am i totally decieved.

c'mon fella:

'i' before 'e' except after 'c' when the sound is 'E'

youth of today :roll:

Rupert

#5 Out of Stamina?
April 13, 2005, 05:25:52 pm
surely after doing the last move of staminaband/powerband you could just rest there for 20 minutes?

I'm having log in problems hence the extended moniker.

At the end of staminaband you go straight into OOMT without traversing left onto the pedestal thing for a no hands rest - a bit blinkered but it would be pointless otherwise. I just did the boulder problem start to OOMT, not the full route which would be harder. You still get a shake on the undercuts at the end of staminaband, but it's not a great rest and it hurts too much to stay there long. Anyway, it's not as hard as Staminaband/PUTP. If Staminaband is 8a, the link is a harder 8a. :wink:

Paz

• junky
#6 Out of Stamina?
April 15, 2005, 03:35:37 pm
Wow well done.  How long did you actually manage to climb only at places not in the peak for post guide book?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal