dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 02:18:09 pm
Its very expensive but...

Is it any good?

whats the difference between the block and the creme?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 02:21:12 pm
It's supposed to quite good.

I bought some "Hoofmaker" from the US which definitely toughens your skin, and really is what you should be using, being a stunthorse.

dave

#2 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 02:24:54 pm
I bought some o' that ol' climb-on shiznit before i went to font in november. Yeah i thought it was a bit steep at 9 bar, but i thought it might be worth it if it kept my skin good in font. Well all i can say is i didn't split any in font, and my skin was quite good. Also i've been using it a shit-load recently and i'm still not even 10% of the way through the bar. I say try some, or you could go halves with one o' your homies and cut the bar in 1/2.

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#3 Rons Revenge
March 10, 2003, 02:36:17 pm
To set the Scene:

Last Thursday night, Bristol Wall. Prana comp.

The attraction of free Prana kit has drawn a large crowd including the usuals, and Whittaker had brought along a support crew including one adrian baxter. Add an Emmett and a Pickford and you have a right royal "battle of the barnets"

Anyway, Ron's set a disgusting slopy problem using some features borrowed from a Mr P Bishton. Everyone flashes it. Except me. I flail like an ovsersized corn thrasher on high power for a full three hours. First I got blood blisters. Then they burst. Then I wore through three tips.

Saturday I bought a Climb On bar and my skin is now completely healed. WTF? :shock:

I'm prepared to believe I have found the holy grail of good skin in a pot.  :jump:

mark

• forum abuser
#4 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 02:42:43 pm
Where can I get myself some of this wonder stuff? And how many of your English pounds does it cost?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 02:46:42 pm
Get it from Si Berry at http://www.betaclimbingdesigns.com or I think even Outside sell the stuff now.

dave

#6 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 02:47:42 pm
I've seen it at the Edge, Outside, probably the foundry, on online on R&R, or at the Matrix wall. Their website is here

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#7 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 03:36:45 pm
and it costs a lot.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#8 Climb on hand creme
March 10, 2003, 08:42:21 pm
I struggle a bit with hard skin, which subsequently splits. Orange stuff seems to do the trick as it ain't happening quite so often since I started using it. Maybe just not pulling as hard :grab:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#9 Climb on hand creme
March 12, 2003, 03:32:00 pm
I found out today what the difference between the bar and the creme is - the creme has extra Shea Butter which makes it an 'intense moisturiser' which is also suitable for chapped lips.

underground

• forum hero
#10 Climb on hand creme
March 12, 2003, 03:38:22 pm
I mentioned the fact that it costs a lot to Si Berry last night- but he pointed out the following worth remembering:

The Climb On stuff is pretty near all active ingredients, so it hardly requires an using for it to be effective.

Whereas when you buy a pot of E45 or summat, the main ingredient is usually water. So it may cost a bit more but you'll buy it less often and it will do the biz much better.

And I can say it did feel pretty good when I applied it to my hands shortly before slapping one on (round my pint of Guinness).

I'll be applying liberally before i retire to my bed tonight.....

dave

#11 Climb on hand creme
March 12, 2003, 03:43:51 pm
Apparently the creme is more suitable to bigger areas like face, general skin etc, and the bar is the bomb for fingers.

I think although dear initially it lats longer than the lockerbie trial. Mt other general moisturiser was this jar of boots own which was about £3 that i've had over a year and its pretty much sufficiant for general finger use, like when you've just washed your hands and they go all flakey.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#12 Climb on hand creme
March 12, 2003, 03:47:51 pm
Quote from: "dave"
like when you've just washed your hands and they go all flakey.

Are you a leper or something?

dave

#13 Climb on hand creme
March 12, 2003, 03:53:17 pm
You know, if you've had to use a hand-drier in the bogs at work when you've gone to snap your morning link off, i know my hangs are dry as a coyote's sunglasses when i get home.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#14 Climb on hand creme
March 12, 2003, 03:56:27 pm
I don't really get that problem - my hands are as moist as a pudgy pedo's waiting ouside the school gates.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal