UKBouldering.com

Litter (Read 2478 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Litter
March 11, 2005, 05:13:25 pm
Litter pisses me off. I never see anyone littering, but I come across it all the time. Partly to do with the fact that lately I've been wandering around a lot of quarries, but still, some of it is rather hard to explain as even just thoughtlessness.

Was in Cadshaw the other day, and went exploring up river, beyond the main crag. It's quite pretty up there, with lots of trees and of course a river. I found an undercut block that looked quite good, so I set to work cleaning it up. On the finishing ledge (that you can only reach if you jump) there was a smashed beer bottle. You'd really have to make an effort to get that there. Pisses me off, like I said.

Part of the problem must be that when people see the odd spot of litter, they think it's ok to drop their own. But I really am baffled by some of the places I've found litter in. I usually associate litter with scallies, but some places I've been to are quite remote and I just can't see scallies being arsed to walk all the way up there just to drop their coca cola can. So who is it? And what gives?

I think what I'm going to do in future is carry a bin bag. I reckon it would be great if more climbers did this. Even if we only pick up a couple of bits of litter every time we go climbing, the world will soon be a much nicer place. Plus you get that fuzzy warm saintly feeling inside.

Peace, man. Love thy neighbour, but gently brain him for his dirty habits.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Litter
March 11, 2005, 10:15:53 pm
Yeah, good effort - I usually end up carrying some crag litter back home with me.

If you leave litter, or take a dump around the crag then you are being a retard.

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#2 Litter
March 15, 2005, 01:02:01 am
Is litter getting worse in the UK? Fuck me it's getting terrible here. Some areas rednecks camp in look as bad as Font. I simly cannot understand it, why fuck up a beautiful place with your used condoms and 6-packs?

clm

• forum hero
#3 Litter
March 15, 2005, 06:27:03 pm
And along the same lines...
why did someone feel the need to unload a truck full of roofing timber, loft insulation and old matresses at the widdop car park?
why sre there a load of cars dumped down a bank on the widdop moolr road that havent been shifted?
and why did a bunch of fuckwits feel justified in caning across the moor by the bridies on crossers and rip up a shit load of peat and heather while making a shitty farting noise.
oh and the were rags and discarded chalkballs in several places at the bridies...wonder which group of sporty trypes was respinsiblr for that???

andy_e

• forum hero
#4 Litter
March 15, 2005, 07:20:05 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"

If you leave litter, or take a dump around the crag then you are being a retard.

if you take a dump anywhere except the toilet without toilet paper then you must be dumb.

r-man is a legend. whilst i fall off stuff he rushes round attacking litter-piles with a near overenthusiastic zealour. big up.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5 Litter
March 15, 2005, 07:35:10 pm
and why did a bunch of fuckwits feel justified in caning across the moor by the bridies on crossers and rip up a shit load of peat and heather while making a shitty farting noise.

Man, I hate those things. This could just be personal bias, but the people who ride them always seem to act as though what they are doing is the coolest, most extreme, most bad ass thing around. It's lamer than line-dancing in cowboy hats and cowboy boots.

:x

Vehicular flies, in my opinion. As persistent as flies, but dirtier and with a louder and more annoying noise. One of these days I'm going to rig up a gigantic fly-swatter (I envisage something a little like a catapult, but with splatting power) and position it beneath a jump.

:twisted:

clm

• forum hero
#6 Litter
March 15, 2005, 08:06:04 pm
or fuse wire suspended at chest height.
along the same lines what about planks studded with six inch nails secreted in the huge puddles on the roman road by stanage pole.  oh the bliss of seeing jonny offroader in his tiny-cock-big-wheels mobile beached with four flat tires.  his missis would be fucked for the school run monday morning.

andy_e

• forum hero
#7 Litter
March 15, 2005, 08:08:22 pm
Bläääääääääääääää wellhard fucking mintedest.
nearly got run over, or worse, splashed by muddy water (rman will understand) by a twat on a bike at stanage

clm

• forum hero
#8 Litter
March 15, 2005, 08:10:10 pm
bont get me wrong..pedal power is fine...ikts the motorised fools.

clm

• forum hero
#9 Litter
March 15, 2005, 08:13:07 pm
Sorted (where is the thumbs up emoticon??)

andy_e

• forum hero
#10 Litter
March 15, 2005, 08:18:35 pm
lets off road!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#11 Litter
March 15, 2005, 08:38:38 pm
what about planks studded with six inch nails secreted in the huge puddles on the roman road by stanage pole. oh the bliss of seeing jonny offroader in his tiny-cock-big-wheels mobile beached with four flat tires. his missis would be fucked for the school run monday morning.

genius :lol:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#12 Litter
March 16, 2005, 02:41:10 pm
Motor crossers are responsible for the destruction for a lot of classic byways in the peak, after a winter most are unwalkable. Places like afan argoed(purpose built singletrack mtb routes) forest have real problems with illegal riding of trails which destroy carefully designed mtb specific paths. I know one person who not only had to jump out if the way of these idiots but than had his bike run over and destroyed! If you ever see some overtake you numberplates arent usually prominent cos there mostly illegal..............
'jonny offroader in his tiny-cock-big-wheels mobile '
Was coming down chapel gate path(Rushup edge) and passed a grounded massive 4x4 recently just after some snow. It was quite stuck on the front axle and another Chelsea tractor was trying to pull it out. Amusing enough I thought........but I was going down the hill and so were they and i came to the gate which was by my rekoning a good 2ft too narrow to get the vehicle through.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#13 Litter
March 16, 2005, 02:55:58 pm
They were all over the place after the snow. Goin for the winter tick. Dicks.

At the international meet last year, there was a big team at the cromlech boulders. Jonny tiny-cock-bog-wheels turns up, sees the parking is full, and leaps at the chance to engage the diff-lock. Pulls onto the grass between the blocks, churns it to fuck making a 3-point turn, then parks up like its a photoshoot for Offroad monthly. Him and his family then bugger off for a picnic.

Gib, never one to miss an opportunity, grabs a team of ten burly eastern-bloc types and between them move a fuckin huge boulder to totally block him in, before returning to the brenin bar. No way was he movin it :lol:

Beris types reported they were still trying to shift it at closing time.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#14 Litter
March 16, 2005, 03:06:47 pm
:lol: Quality

cofe

• forum hero
#15 Litter
March 16, 2005, 04:46:37 pm
maxi super. super.

AndyR

• forum hero
#16 Litter
March 16, 2005, 05:11:02 pm
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
Motor crossers are responsible for the destruction for a lot of classic byways in the peak, after a winter most are unwalkable. Places like afan argoed(purpose built singletrack mtb routes) forest have real problems with illegal riding of trails which destroy carefully designed mtb specific paths.

Yep, absolute cnuts, what few mtb paths there are in wicklow get fucked over by kids on motor bikes turning them into quagmires. Personally I think that if you get a licence for a motor cross bike, you should be sterilised at the same time - that way the problem would die out with time......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal