UKBouldering.com

James Pearson repeats Nadin's 'Who Needs Ready Brek?' (Read 3198 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Congratulations to James for dispatching this Nadin desperate. We think that this is only the fourth ascent in over 18 years, the other ascents being from Justin Critchlow and Mike Lea (we think!).

Found on The Third Cloud, this desperately technical route that traverses the thin break rightwards from 'Persistence' was originally given E4 7a, but it is felt that  highball V11 is nearer the mark.

Just goes to show how hard Nadin was climbing back in the 80's, there's still some of his hard stuff on the Eastern grit awaiting second ascents. There's also his project dubbed "Cereal Killer" that will perhaps one day go direct to the last moves of 'Who Needs Ready Brek'.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
Nice one James - anyone get any piccies of it???

whilst on the subject of Nadin desperates - has anyone repeated KP Nuts on the lower tier of the Roaches yet?? a few mats and spotters and that'd go down nicely as a highball boulder problem

james

• obsessive maniac
Cheers Stu.  Unfortunatly no pictures were taken but I am sure I could do it again for the camera.
KP Nuts has not had a repeat as fer as I know.  I would quite like to get the second.  Just looks like one hard move.  Prety safe but I wouldnt like to fall from the top slab.
Cheers

James

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal