UKBouldering.com

No Font for me... (Read 1864 times)

Danny

• junky
No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 12:57:14 pm
...looks like everyone's off to font today, without me.
Got myself some frostbite on the Ben this weekend and as a result no climbing for me in the near future :( .
I think I may go insane with boredom...what to do instead???

cofe

• forum hero
#1 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 12:58:53 pm
poke it with pins? build a bachar ladder?

LJ

• addict
#2 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 02:12:53 pm
Unlucky mate, what happenned? how do u end up with frostbite in scotland, must have been some epic!

On the plus side think me and andy and a few others are heading down your way at easter for the week if you are about?

Danny

• junky
#3 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 02:27:01 pm
A bit of frostbite in the toes would've been of more use, I could custom shape my foot to fit the Anasazi toe box...
Its only my little finger thats fucked so I'll be back climbing once I'm safe from gangrene infection...

Danny

• junky
#4 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 02:33:20 pm
Quote from: "LJ"
Unlucky mate, what happenned? how do u end up with frostbite in scotland, must have been some epic!

On the plus side think me and andy and a few others are heading down your way at easter for the week if you are about?

Nice, you've got a place to crash if you need it.

As for the frostbite... basically got caught out in a blizzard on point five gully on the Ben, proper nasty wet snow freezing to every surface. Eyelids frozen shut, helmet frozen head, all that kind of jazz.
The cause of frostbite was the fact that I smashed my little finger up on the ice, it got bruised and left it very prone to cold injury,  despite this my finger should be mostly OK…
When are you coming to Wales then boyo??

LJ

• addict
#5 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 02:40:58 pm
It could only happen to you guys, what with your record of random injuries! Of course i have similar epics from being stood underneath burbage west for too long! Its a harsh world 10 mins out of Sheff!

Think we will be heading down some time after easter weekend, i think the monday is the 28th, so some time around then, Andy has some crazy notion about bringing the ropes and jangly metal bits down, so guess that means ill be finding my leading head quicker than expected, although there is always room for a pad or two  :wink: Cheers for the offer of your humble abode man, think we may well take you up on that!

So you gonna be back climbing by then?

Danny

• junky
#6 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 03:32:14 pm
After Easter weekend sounds good, I'm working some days at JB's but a bit of time off is also on the cards.
I dunno if I'll be back climbing by that point, but still up for the crack (the figure of northern speech rather than the narcotic).
Hopefully this injury will give me a chance to rest my trashed tendons...

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#7 No Font for me...
March 16, 2005, 03:45:07 pm
Quote from: "Danny"
but still up for the crack (the figure of northern speech rather than the narcotic).

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal