UKBouldering.com

It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad (Read 2242 times)

Rice Boy

• stalker
It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 15, 2005, 11:00:26 am
Spent a sorry weekend in North Wales tide chasing at Angel Bay and again after not learning, at the Pigeon boulders! First time at the seaside!?  :?

It was such a sorry state of affairs that I almost started out on my self pitying soft rock album. Finally, went to roadrunner after not reading the tread and decided I could probably get the album finished by May.

Walking back to Conwy on the cycle path ran into the pilar the sea side of the tunnel.....

May not have the history of roadrunner but its got some superfly problems on the overhanging path side. Bit eliminate but 8 or 9 genuine highish (font 6b/c) lines exist all of good standard. Found two font 7a/+ sit starts into lines and one sit start project (looked about 7b/c) on the left of the block.

Can't hear or see the cars, great views of the coast and one mat covers the uneven landings on the right.

May not be new news but it's definitely worth a visit if you've come to mourn roadrunner.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 15, 2005, 11:07:13 am
Has Roadrunner settled down any or is it a definate that it's totally shagged?

Rice Boy

• stalker
#2 It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 15, 2005, 11:15:16 am
Seemed totally shagged. Pulling of holds just standing. Floor was a mess with debris from small rock falls also.

Pilar's totally stable! (?)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 15, 2005, 11:17:25 am
Pilar was down there?

Rice Boy

• stalker
#4 It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 15, 2005, 11:22:47 am
Soz, meant the rock pilar with problems on. Started on a MS Paint drawing of pilar (from memory, so will be shite).

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#5 It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 15, 2005, 11:53:42 pm
We did used to boulder on this occasionally, but never with the same intensity as the main cave.

There is also a really cool V5 traverse (called The Swigger, for those of you still in posession of an old Northern Soul fanzine) at the left hand end of the bolted crag. Unfortunately the local council, in its safety conscience wisdom, decided to cover it in wire mesh a few years ago. :roll:

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#6 It's not roadrunner but hain't half bad
March 16, 2005, 02:12:52 am
northern soul!now there was a publication dedicated to the cause. living in wirral, it was worth the drive to llanberis to buy a copy! pantontino im guessing is simon pantin?oh how i miss northern soul.......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal