UKBouldering.com

Origins (Read 767 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Origins
February 12, 2005, 12:15:59 am
Just listening to Chairs Missing (trainspotter points for naming the location of the Peak route with the same name) by Wire. I'm guessing that Ian MacKaye and the Beta Band lads have listened to this at some point.

Seminal art school rock from 1978 - check it out.

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Origins
February 12, 2005, 08:39:29 am
Quote from: "Pantontino"
Just listening to Chairs Missing (trainspotter points for naming the location of the Peak route with the same name) by Wire. I'm guessing that Ian MacKaye and the Beta Band lads have listened to this at some point.

Seminal art school rock from 1978 - check it out.

rubicon.

i used to own this[i still possibly do but i can't be bothered to go in the loft to look]sadly i bought this in1978.
i was talking to a mate who was at leeds uni in the 70's.he reckoned the gang of four had reformed.is this true and do they still hang out in the fenton.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#2 Origins
February 12, 2005, 10:01:48 pm
I should've guessed you'd know about this, and the Rubicon tick was doubly impressive.

Gang of Four have just reformed - you've just missed a tour in late January. Even if I'd had the chance, I don't think I would've gone, just in case they were shit.

webbo

• forum hero
#3 Origins
February 14, 2005, 10:28:39 am
Quote from: "Pantontino"
I should've guessed you'd know about this, and the Rubicon tick was doubly impressive..

it was one of the few routes i'd done in that dale before some kind soul put in some bolts.more like a grit micro route.hvs after the first 15 feet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal