UKBouldering.com

huge croft (Read 2996 times)

cofe

• forum hero
huge croft
February 10, 2005, 02:52:14 pm
just noticed this on UKC. probably worth pointing out.

Graeme

• menacing presence
#1 huge croft
February 10, 2005, 02:56:51 pm
In some respects I can't say I'm shocked at this, but then you do have to question why people are so bone idle to not go somewhere out of the way to urinate.

How hard can it be to take your litter home?
But I can't comment on the swearing, because Chubby Brown would be jealous of my lack of vocabulary.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 huge croft
February 10, 2005, 06:19:48 pm
Is it really too much to ask that people just show some basic respect for the landowner and the crag?

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 huge croft
February 11, 2005, 09:45:17 am
as soon as a good area comes out of access difficulties thanks to the government, "yoof" types have to spoil it! twats.

Terrace Ghost

• player
#4 huge croft
February 11, 2005, 04:51:19 pm
Dont know whats happened recently but if the information has come from the landowner i would take it with a pinch of salt.  Having been there once with some friends and not doing anything wrong he had a total rant at us.  Obviously he is not happy that people can now climb in the area but he is gonna have to live with it, its the law.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#5 huge croft
February 13, 2005, 08:22:31 pm
To be honest the situation is all a bit odd at Hugencroft, the fences that have been errected don't really give you feeling of wanting to go back time and time again. Then theres other issues like the dogs when they are let out in the farmers yard which continously bark.

I've been up a couple of times, and the last time I was up the farmers wife had a wander up and had a chat. To be honest see was really nice, and she explained that they were concerned about the land and certain climbers had been quite antagonistic towards them. Certain climbers more so than others. No names named!

The fact is that whilst they don't really want us there, they have to tolerate it, and we as climbers should try and minimise how much they have to tolerate us.

There has been a notice put up by the BMC asking for a certain level of behaviour but it is evidently not being observed. Stuff like pissing in open view of the house, and leaving litter inlcuding fag ends just shouldn't be done at any crag regardless of access situation.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal