UKBouldering.com

Wrong`s traverse (Read 1903 times)

The Runt

Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 10:36:22 am
For anyone who`s climbing at Wrights rock in the Churnet, try this.
Start below and left of Simple Simon, then traverse low right all the way to the end of the crag, below wrights traverse. A good problem about font 7b I reckon. I`ve called it Wrong`s Traverse, I don`t think it`s been done before I had to clean a fair bit of moss and spiders web`s off the second half. Doing that and then back along wrights traverse is a good stamina fest and good route training.

rainbow

• menacing presence
#1 Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 12:27:06 pm
Well done, In all the time i've spent up there never thought of doing a superduper low traverse. Linking it with wrights trav would be well pumpy. What about doing Wrong's traverse in reverse then going up the v6 and in to Simple Simon ?  Was going up there today but weather is crap down here.

The Runt

#2 Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 01:09:03 pm
Hey that would be a good one, quite hard too.
Have had enough of this weather I`m off to Spain I think. Did another good traverse there a few years ago on the smaller crag on the left  prob around 7a+, have you done it? there`s two possibel finishes, I did the further easier one?
There`s some good stuff around there.

dave

#3 Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 01:15:04 pm
remember guys, two Wrongs don't make a Wright.

sorry

rainbow

• menacing presence
#4 Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 01:31:54 pm
I like that.

The other trav that you did, is it immediatly left of of Wright's or further left at edge of field?

The Runt

#5 Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 02:41:06 pm
It`s on the separarte smaller crag over to the left, there is a gnarly bum start problem there too off a hideous sharp pocket. The traverse starts as far right as possible on some mossy ledges and heel hooks then joins the break out left and  goes up after about 6 metres via a pocket. I think a few people have been on it now.

rainbow

• menacing presence
#6 Wrong`s traverse
February 10, 2005, 03:40:14 pm
Yes I thought so. I've been on the traverse recently not managed to link it yet, it is quality. Well done on the 1st ascent you should give it a name for future updates. The hideous pull off a sharp pocket is infact v good. I first did this in 2001 and called it Out There and Back 7b+. I started kneeling below the pocket and with a few sharp pulls gained the break. From there dynoed to the ledge above without use of the pockets out left. As good if a little better than my other problem Bizzare, across the valley.
Pic of Out There and Back

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal