UKBouldering.com

Colorado (Read 2709 times)

AndyR

• forum hero
Colorado
February 07, 2005, 10:42:38 am
Just watched the Colorado Daydream dvd - interesting film - looks like someone's actually made the effort to produce a boldrin' film that's a little bit more than the standard 'what me and my mates got up to on holiday' type thing.
Anyway, some of the climbing looks top notch - steep, edgy granite, with lots of urgent snatches(!?) between reasonable edges.

Has anyone been bouldering in Colorado? Worth it?

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1 Colorado
February 07, 2005, 10:30:15 pm
I have.  it is most certainly worth it.  Chaos canyon and Poudre canyon are awesome; Camp Dick, Indepedence pass, Skyland, etc etc...  Many areas are high altitude and great in the summer.  The bouldering around Boulder is good too (flatirons etc) , though not up to the granite / gneiss stuff higher up.  Don't let anyone tell you that Flagstaff is any good though.
I wouldn't like to comment about the quality of the urgent snatches.

bob

• player
#2 Re: Colorado
July 08, 2006, 03:49:30 am
aye can vouch for colorado as an ace destination, some of the walkins are killer but other than that definately worth a visit if your in the area.

bob

• player
#3 Re: Colorado
July 08, 2006, 03:54:24 am
p.s. avoid all falcon guides like the plague they are shit

Petey

#4 Re: Colorado
July 08, 2006, 07:13:29 am
Colorado is a great place to climb - have been a couple of times over the years, just bouldering really and mainly around Boulder / Denver area. Worth going as a boulderer for the history alone. Climb the Gill mega-classics at Horsetooth, some great problems at flagstaff, and for pure power get to morrison.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: Colorado
July 10, 2006, 07:55:44 am
Don't let anyone tell you that Flagstaff is any good though.

Amen to that. the rock isn't pleasant at all. RMNP does look good, unfortunately never got there as it was Winter.

I'm sure Blunk knows a lot more than the rest of us put together. PM him?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal