UKBouldering.com

Another encounter with the California 5-0 (Read 1292 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Another encounter with the California 5-0
December 13, 2004, 02:49:11 pm
In keeping with the general trend of UK Boulderers in California, both Andy R and yours truly managed to get themselves misdemeanor charges for excessive speed within 24 hours of each other whilst on our weekend jaunt up to Bishop.

Mine was a full-on Dukes of Hazard moment as I tore past a Highway Patrol car hidden in the dark amongst the cacti and brush only to have it roar into a blaze of sirens and spinning lights and give chase - I nearly sh*t myself... The CHIPS lady was a double for the woman from Fargo, right down to the 'You were goin' kinda fast back there sir...' as she fingered her pistol and shined a WWII spotlight into my mug.   Turned out I was doing 95 in a 40 zone.. I asked a guy at the Buttermilks the next day what my fine was likely to be 'You're f*cked...' was his simple reply.  

Luckily for me, our kind lady rozzer had written 88 in a 60 so I got of lucky with a $200 fine and no need to wear an orange jumpsuit for the weekend.

Be careful out there boys and girls....

dave

#1 Another encounter with the California 5-0
December 13, 2004, 02:57:53 pm
yo shouldve pull heat on the one time and got audi.

lucky escape tho, no homie needs to be wearing his county blues when theres  boulderin to be done.

AndyR

• forum hero
Quote from: "Falling Down"
In keeping with the general trend of UK Boulderers in California, both Andy R and yours truly managed to get themselves misdemeanor charges for excessive speed within 24 hours of each other whilst on our weekend jaunt up to Bishop.

Luckily for me, our kind lady rozzer had written 88 in a 60 so I got of lucky with a $200 fine and no need to wear an orange jumpsuit for the weekend.

Be careful out there boys and girls....

Arse - haven't phoned mine in yet - does anyone have experience of not paying speeding tickets in Ca?

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#3 Another encounter with the California 5-0
December 13, 2004, 05:17:03 pm
in the same area, I was piling back to Bishop after a trip to L.A doing 95 and pulled up to the bumper of a patrol car not realising until the last moment who it was, trying to intimidate him into getting out of the way a la white van driving......
he actually let me off!!!! :lol:

I think if you dont pay your fine nxt time you fly into the states you'll either get locked up for a bit or will be deported!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Another encounter with the California 5-0
December 13, 2004, 07:13:04 pm
None of you fancy tryin to outrun 'em, Vanishing point style?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#5 Another encounter with the California 5-0
December 13, 2004, 08:05:05 pm
you'll need plenty of pep

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6 Another encounter with the California 5-0
December 17, 2004, 09:50:38 pm
got done same in utah. he let me off with 75 instead of 85, he saved me 100 dollars n asked if if that was ok with me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal