UKBouldering.com

T- Crack, Cratcliff (Read 10965 times)

Teaboy

• forum hero
T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 02:44:57 pm
Is this really only V7 starting from the back (as described in the late lamented OTE this month?).

dave

#1 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 02:52:32 pm
i always thought it was supposed to be 7b/+ from the back.

to be honest it feels 7b+ even from standing for me, as the back moves are piss and i still can't do that finish.

jimbo

• addict
#2 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 02:59:51 pm
Definitely feels harder than V7, like dave i massively struggle with the top bit. Crap eliminate anyway.

cofe

• forum hero
#3 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 03:00:04 pm
i think they'd just enjoyed a heavy aerosol session when they put 7a+ down.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#4 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 03:16:10 pm
Phew, Not just me then! Nice to see OTE maintaining its editorial standards right to the end.

I am getting a bit worried that the lower grades in Ru's new guide might be a bit on the harsh side. It now seems that lots of problems are being downgraded to the V6 V7 mark, punters like me really need a few soft touches to keep us motivated.

webbo

• forum hero
#5 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 03:19:45 pm
Quote from: "Teaboy"
Is this really only V7 starting from the back (as described in the late lamented OTE this month?).

if their business sense was as good as their grading no wonder they gone to the wall.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#6 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 03:21:40 pm
OTE was spectacularly shit with grades this month. For example the same issue which randomly downgraded the Joker to 7c+(next to a picture of Tony Lamiche doing it the hard way) and T-crack V7, gave the piss easy (6b max) traverse left of Green trav and Bentleys a mighty 7a....whatever  :roll:

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#7 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 03:28:15 pm
So the top bit is the hardest then? That's promising, as I've only done it from off the block (so I missed out as many moves as possible  :wink: ). The rockfax gives that B7, which felt ok, if maybe a bit hard compared to the other B7s at Cratcliffe, though I'd imagine you'd be knackered by that point if you did the lower moves as well.

dave

#8 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 03:39:27 pm
think they use one of these at OTE for grades:

dave k

• obsessive maniac
#9 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 05:25:43 pm
Quote from: "r-man"
So the top bit is the hardest then? That's promising, as I've only done it from off the block (so I missed out as many moves as possible  :wink: ). The rockfax gives that B7, which felt ok, if maybe a bit hard compared to the other B7s at Cratcliffe, though I'd imagine you'd be knackered by that point if you did the lower moves as well.

I believe it is V7 from standing and V8 from the block (without using the chip for the left hand.) I have done it only with the chip, without it requires much more open hand power on the lower moves and therefore is definitely harder than the top move- which is not too bad if you catch the sloper with the RH, and then turn the left hand into an undercling in the break.

Don`t ask me why the chip is out. It just is.

Nigel

• forum hero
#10 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 06:05:13 pm
Reckon this is solid V8 from the block, sans chips. But V8+ is a distinct possibility, as it does have complicating factors of being quite tiring and also conditions dependent. Also depends how you do the last move, if you can get your heel on it makes it a bit easier, but some can't manage that...

account_inactive

• forum hero
#11 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 06:15:18 pm
I thought this was classsic V8+ :roll:

r-man

• forum hero
#12 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 06:39:53 pm
I believe it is V7 from standing and V8 from the block

Hang on a second, I think we're talking about different blocks! I've only done it from the block at the start on the right (ie. the cheating version!) not from the block at the back.  :oops:

Must be easier than the standing version, surely? V5/6?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#13 T- Crack, Cratcliff
December 03, 2004, 07:44:36 pm
Hard font 7b from the obvious chalked ledge at the back.
Or... a sustained series of uk 6a and 6b moves with powerful 6c one at the top.

rich d

• forum hero
#14 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 06, 2006, 08:55:55 pm
was on this for the first time today, and was wondering about the starting moves for this.
Was going with both feet on the big chalked block at the back, but was starting with left hand in the cave and right hand on the lower bit of crack.
Should both hands be inside the cave?   :-\

Love having days off during the week.

Cheers Rich.

webbo

• forum hero
#15 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 08:28:51 am
if you are asking i guess you know the answer. :thumbsdown:

chappers

• forum hero
#16 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 09:04:51 am
was on this for the first time today, and was wondering about the starting moves for this.
Was going with both feet on the big chalked block at the back, but was starting with left hand in the cave and right hand on the lower bit of crack.
Should both hands be inside the cave?   :-\

Love having days off during the week.

Cheers Rich.

BOTH hands on the chalked ledge, into those under clings in the roof, through to the cracks and up (then if you are me, fall off the last move every time that you try this).

rich d

• forum hero
#17 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 09:06:57 am
 :guilty: bizarrely didn't think about it until later, was more worried about the top.
Have to get back on it then.

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#18 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 10:41:55 am
For the top move I turn my left hand to an undercut and go again with my right off the sloper to the top jug. Personally i think it's tough for 7b but a great problem non the less.

chappers

• forum hero
#19 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 02:17:19 pm
For the top move I turn my left hand to an undercut and go again with my right off the sloper to the top jug. Personally i think it's tough for 7b but a great problem non the less.

and the left foot?...

plonk it on the ledge below the crack your left hand is now undercutting?????

r-man

• forum hero
#20 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 02:25:45 pm

and the left foot?...

Sounds about right. I've done it that way too. It works.

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#21 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 02:31:17 pm

and the left foot?...

Wedge it downwards in the V shaped slot, to be honest i can't remember if it's my left or my right foot that gets wedged  :shrug:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#22 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 02:37:49 pm
I've done it with two different foot beta. Either left foot wedged in V or left foot heel-toe in break , this is the easiest way if you are flexible and the top moves go static.

dave

#23 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 05:25:34 pm
Personally i think it's tough for 7b but a great problem non the less.

I also think its hard, didn't feel that bad when I did it but it did for all the 500 previous attempts. I think its shit problem anyway, eliminate, chipped, need i go on?

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#24 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 05:29:47 pm
Is it not about time that chip was filled in? Anyway, agree about the eliminate bit.

dave

#25 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 07, 2006, 05:34:01 pm
I've always thought the big slopey dish thing at the top was a bit suspect anall.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#26 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
November 08, 2006, 08:55:26 am
The dish is 100% natural. I've been going there since before it became a popular problem and it's never been tampered with. It used to have a black surface like the rock around, but has become rather orange over time as people stand in it to rock over the top.

tallsop

• addict
#27 Re: T- Crack, Cratcliff
September 28, 2009, 11:16:38 pm
I reckon its a brilliant problem, its one of those where the moves feel different every time,it really keeps you on your toes. its an absolute peak uber-classic problem. i think athough its a bit of an eliminate, the rules are pretty simple - once ur outta the cave, dont pull on anything that isnt a sloper!
   i agree that it is time to fill in the chip, apparently the guy who chipped that slab at RHS filled the chips in and made a really good job of it??? maybe i should find out what mix he used and go fill it in???

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal