UKBouldering.com

Upper cave crag - Dunkeld - access (Read 321 times)

RobinB

• addict
Upper cave crag - Dunkeld - access
Yesterday at 08:40:52 am
I'm heading up to Scotland for a family holiday and was thinking of trying to spend half a day or so at Upper cave crag at Dunkeld on the way up there. However, the crag access updates on UKC suggest that recent tree felling means getting there may be tricky. Has anybody been up there relatively recently and could give some directions from the car park to the crag?

Wil

• obsessive maniac
    • Wil Treasure
I've not been for a few weeks, but I've not heard anything about any change in access. Once you're at the Cally Car Park take the path at the north side, next to the information sign. Go up for about 10m and take the large path on the left. After maybe 400m there's a small path that breaks right, follow this underneath some buttresses (with a couple of sport routes), over a long fallen yew tree. After this you go up 10m over slightly muddy/rocky ground, then cross the stream next to a hermitage in the boulders. A steep path lead up the dirt slope past some big mossy boulders, turn right to cross the stream again, then it's a steep climb up the slope to the crag.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:50:58 am by Wil »

RobinB

• addict
Nice one - thanks Wil - now all I need is a decent weather forecast. What could possibly go wrong  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal