3 Calendars
1 Bottle Bells

and still 23 days to go!

cofe

• forum hero
#1 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 08:59:45 am
milkybar advent calendar...

fingers are still crossed for a desk top diary though...and the calendars should start rolling in soon

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#2 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 09:44:16 am
nothing...............

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#3 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 11:16:40 am
I'm obviously in the wrong job  :(  but I did get a box of toblerone chocs this week as a thankyou for some 'good work fella'...which was nice.

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#4 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 12:20:43 pm
I've got a book on XML on its way from Microsoft...
Maybe I shouldnt have said that
 :shock:

webbo

• forum hero
#5 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 02:57:41 pm
so far we've[people gives thing's to share] got several boxes and a tin of choc's.mind some evil fucker has given us some weird kraut chocolates.

there probably full of ground glass and the patient is getting back at us for getting them sectioned. :evil:

dave

#6 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 03:31:35 pm
Quote from: "webbo"
got several boxes and a tin of choc's.

won't choc want his/her boxes and tin back eventually?

webbo

• forum hero
#7 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 03:57:39 pm
we're actually not allowed to accept gift's over a certain value in the health service as it might be seen to influence the care you are given.

so if someone were to give me a really expensive gift.i might be able to speed up them being sectioned under the mental health act or get the medication that makes them drool and shake increased. :wink:

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#8 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 04:00:51 pm
Today I got a box of Terrys Orange Segsations, at this rate I wont have to buy the wife or kids owt for christmas!

webbo

• forum hero
#9 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 04:03:19 pm
Quote from: "Big Frank"
Today I got a box of Terrys Orange Segsations, at this rate I wont have to buy the wife or kids owt for christmas!

i thought a macho chap like yourself would'nt bother anyhow. :wink:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#10 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 04:07:59 pm
Off out for a curry tomorrow night, although thats really for working til 9 last night, and got free nights out on the 8th and the 14th so far.

AndyR

• forum hero
#11 Xmas Freebies
December 02, 2004, 04:12:21 pm
Let me think, oh yes, a free trip to California, leaving tomorrow - Bishop here I come (to fail on V4s again...).

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#12 Xmas Freebies
December 03, 2004, 09:55:45 am
Quote from: "AndyR"
Let me think, oh yes, a free trip to California, leaving tomorrow - Bishop here I come (to fail on V4s again...).

Typicaly you always have to go that one little bit better!

Generaly with my luck if I fell into a barell load of tits I'd come out sucking my thumb!

ian h

• forum abuser
#13 Xmas Freebies
December 03, 2004, 03:22:29 pm
we're actually not allowed to accept gift's over a certain value in the health service as it might be seen to influence the care you are given.

so if someone were to give me a really expensive gift.i might be able to speed up them being sectioned under the mental health act or get the medication that makes them drool and shake increased. :wink:

would like to give my lot a healthy dose of acuphase for christmas :evil:  :shock:  :D

webbo

• forum hero
#14 Xmas Freebies
December 03, 2004, 04:02:00 pm
Quote from: "ian h"
would like to give my lot a healthy dose of acuphase for christmas :evil:  :shock:  :D

so you don't use the latest de escalation techniques to talk the clients in to being nice and charming and well rounded human beings. :lol:
what do you reckon to these folk who say they've never had to use c & r

do they work in a parallel universe.

ian h

• forum abuser
#15 Xmas Freebies
December 03, 2004, 09:33:04 pm

so you don't use the latest de escalation techniques to talk the clients in to being nice and charming and well rounded human beings. :lol:
what do you reckon to these folk who say they've never had to use c & r

do they work in a parallel universe.

suppose it all depends how well rounded individuals experiance is ? in my experience people who are really anti c + r have never worked in an enviroment which requires its use to maintain the safty of the ward.

when i did my time on a ward for depressed house wives  :roll:  i never used it at all , however where i am now , we have periods depending on how disturbed we are , where it is possible to use it on a daily basis.

thank god we are having a nice settled period at the moment, sep oct and begining of nov were absoloute hell.

what are your views?

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#16 Xmas Freebies
December 04, 2004, 01:23:37 am
got my first one (ever) yesterday - big fruit hamper, wine, etc..

although this was probably more for expert witness services we provided than a christmas thing.............

webbo

• forum hero
#17 Xmas Freebies
December 06, 2004, 04:53:31 pm
what are your views?

in my view i belive there are times when you have no option to use c/r i've even had to use it in our cmht base on more than one occasion.
the big issue in our trust is staff numbers to do it safely and most staff are too unfit/old/lazy to do the training.it would appear that some of our c/r instructors are a bit too enthusiastic and staff get injured on the training. :shock:

ian h

• forum abuser
#18 Xmas Freebies
December 06, 2004, 11:13:53 pm
what are your views?

in my view i belive there are times when you have no option to use c/r i've even had to use it in our cmht base on more than one occasion.
the big issue in our trust is staff numbers to do it safely and most staff are too unfit/old/lazy to do the training.it would appear that some of our c/r instructors are a bit too enthusiastic and staff get injured on the training. :shock:

over enthusiastic c + r instructors ... LOL  aint they all , seem to be well  into gay play fighting..

c + r only seems to work for me after the asailant has been put to the floor. although i do admit the nose bar move is pretty handy.

totaly agree about staff shirking from the training (me included) . i dodged it for 8 years before i had to redo my course.  it is only by the health and safty executives orders that our trust has been made to shape up !!  we now even have seclusion training which in my eyes is total waste of time.

i have been hit 3 tiimes in 9 years so i dont really consider that bad going. generally find if you are alright with them, then threre are no worries.  have  you noticed how it generally always is the same staff that get attacked ?

webbo

• forum hero
#19 Xmas Freebies
December 07, 2004, 10:43:07 am
i did this course on challenging behaviour,enb 956 and there was this judy from our forensic service who not only wound every one up on the course but had no awareness of how she impacted on others.she used recount how often c/r had to be used on her shift. :crazy:
i don't think i've come across anyone else like her who would drive the most placcid folk to violence.

re the topic.
got a free lunch yesterday just had sit and listen to the drug company rep extolling the wonders of their anti psycotic injection.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal