UKBouldering.com

Best day at the office (Read 2498 times)

dave k

• obsessive maniac
Best day at the office
November 30, 2004, 09:21:15 pm
Been done b4 I know but its great to reminis on these rare but quality memories. Where it just works. Every problem you try goes first or second go.

My best two days on grit

One month after a 12 month climbing amnesty (only one B9 to show for a 6 year climbing career)
Visited my test piece boulder The eagle stone and sent all 4 of the B9's in about 1 hour (3 second attempt).  

Shit- after coming so close so many times over 2 years (first B10)
Talk to me Martin- first attempt (that day) immediately afterwards.

This reminising is addictive
First English 6c - Beach ball- years of being stuck on 6b. 6c just seemed so much harder. 7a was a pipedream (still is really)

Ok I know most of these problems are soft touch, but at the time it is just sooo sweet. Go on divulge your the best moments.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Best day at the office
November 30, 2004, 09:37:52 pm
This is for you soldier

dave k

• obsessive maniac
#2 Best day at the office
November 30, 2004, 09:59:48 pm
Cheers. Unwarranted ofcourse. Now you know you have a few fav days, so just put up or shut up.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Best day at the office
November 30, 2004, 10:13:57 pm
Lots and lots of them, mostly route days but a few bouldering too. Too many to list really. Even the other day at Brimham was really class. The other weekend at Guisecliff with the snow down and everything frozen was great. And before that....blah blah etc.

Fiend - not even a B8 to show for an 8 year climbing career =).

P.S. I searched for an ornamental golden dildo to give you as a prize but couldn't find one, sheesh...

dave

#4 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 09:24:04 am
in north wales, we all walk up to sheep pen boulders in howling gale, photocopy of northern soul in hand. freezing cold.  flashed a couple of things in vain attempt to warm up (dog shooter etc) then did gnasher 3rd go (could have been 2nd go but totally didn't see that jugrail between pocket and top), then did pinch, then worked KOR. the guide said 2 V8s and a V7 that morning - nice.

then down again to milestone butress pit, shite but the boys liked it. then to pub in bethesda, sat in garden basking in baking sun, couple of pints. then walked up to caseg groove boulder, did caseg groove about 20 times, tried some other stuff, retired to pen y pass, skin totally fucked. went to parisellas next day in rain and iced beaver cleaver and lipstick.

I liked north wales better in the days when you could go out and before lunch knock off a few V8s casually. sadlynot like that these days - shame.

other good days:

day at roaches, did track, triple point, wild thing, prelude to space, san melas and acid drop.

remember one october day few years ago, got out to secret garden on 2 busses and a train from rotherham, on me own sans mat. had tried beachball week earlier but too warm, went and did that in a few goes. then walked in a straight line to burbage south, getting one leg totally soacked falling in the stream. put me carpet square under attitude inspector that i'd never really tried before and did that anall, then home on bus again. nice day. Neither of those problems are 6c by the way.

Nigel

• forum hero
#5 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 09:37:17 am
I can't think of any bouldering days like that actually, just trad ones!  :oops:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#6 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 10:07:51 am
day at roaches, did track, triple point, wild thing, prelude to space, san melas and acid drop.

a lot of my best days have been on the skyline. Magic venue.

dave

#7 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 10:09:51 am
AAAyyyyy-man to that brutha - TESTIFY!!!!

best gritstone on tha muthafukking planet is them boutrosses with wings, wild ting etc. i really must do art nouveau one day, that looks off the hook.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#8 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 11:24:22 am
Yeah it's almost the perfect grit route. Only marred by a last move which should be a bit harder.

dave

#9 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 11:26:05 am
how hard is it really though? like would i stand a chance - i can be pretty useful on occaision. well, i mean not totally shit at any rate. scary?

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#10 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 01:04:45 pm
One of my best days ever on grit was at Almscliffe - Started of with Slopey TRraverse, moving swiftly on to Matts roof, followed by falling off the last move of Stu's problem, on the flash, then watched Nodder piss Matts roof and the bulb, and then fell off hitting the break on Cherry falls - winner - then got pissed,

cofe

• forum hero
#11 Best day at the office
December 01, 2004, 01:22:51 pm
went to ysgo and did all the stcik it ticks, or the day i finally did t-crack the mans way i then did jerry's arete first go (done before), then brad's arete first go (tried before) and finished with face arete.

had some other amazing days though. bo.

i'll be signing copies of my autobiogrpahy "7a+ cofe: i'm a fucking good bloke" in waterstones this Friday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal