the shizzle > topos - bouldering

Kids' circuits in Yorkshire/elsewhere

(1/2) > >>

PeteHukb:
Just back from giving my kids their first taste of Fontainebleau. (Beyond crap weather but we still had a good time.) I really liked the designation of some of the kids' circuits as being for specific ages eg the 5-9yrs circuit at Canches aux Merciers, or the 3yrs+ circuit at La Feullardiere.

Has anyone bothered to make something similar (sans paint on rock, obvs) anywhere in the UK? If not, my four-year-old and I might try.

Shipley Glen and Brimham being obvious starting points.

tommytwotone:
I documented a load of stuff up the top of Shipley Glen, just above Woods Wall area that both of my two enjoy whenever we go... I'll see if I can send it via DM to you.

sxrxg:
No guide or anything but West Nab is amazing for kids, so many smaller blocs to explore. Only a short walk from the road and lovely views. Just don't go on a cold day with much wind!

tommytwotone:
Sent you a DM PeteH - if you haven't had it post here and I'll work out an alternative!

dave k:
My daughter and I had the same idea a couple of years back - we thought it would be great if a group of keen families developed a circuit each and then shared them. We cleaned up a circuit of boulders around the back of Baldstones which were low level and suited to 4-8 year olds, but never got round to putting together a topo. Also did some development but not a circuit at Wolf Edge. Got side tracked by comps and now she is 11 and climbing adult problems so forgot about the idea. Would be happy to contribute a circuit if others got psyched to do the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version