the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

Brushing holds and ‘grima’

<< < (2/4) > >>

ali k:
It’s the sound of people brushing teeth that bothers me. Particularly on TV (I think they must do it without much/any water or toothpaste so it’s a really dry brush). I’ve never had a problem with brushing holds at the wall, but weirdly thinking about it now I get the same reaction.

stone:
One idea is that horrid noises such as fingers down a blackboard (and perhaps hold brushing?) have acoustic similarity with the sound of a human scream. At a deep, subconcious level, perhaps we are induced to avoid them.  https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1759-12.2012

I don't mind hold brushing at all. My guess is that I'm failing to hear the noxious frequencies because my hearing is bad. In general I'm pretty uptight regarding getting annoyed by eg people whistling -that pisses me off at the crag, at work, even at the supermarket -though I appreciate that is entirely unreasonable of me.

webbo:
I don’t mind the sound of brushing holds but when I brush holds (indoors) with a Lapis brush I get a smell like burning flesh, which is :sick:

SA Chris:
I get that burnt smell too, i think it's because it's hog hair, and we are long pigs after all.

stone:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on April 04, 2024, 09:28:34 am ---I get that burnt smell too, i think it's because it's hog hair, and we are long pigs after all.

--- End quote ---
I presumed that it was fully vegan and so only used hair naturally shed by palomino mustangs roaming freely across the sagebush uplands. The difficulty in gathering it accounting for the cost of the brushes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version