the shizzle > bouldering

Limestone 7B

(1/6) > >>

Wellsy:
Anyone recommend any Limestone 7Bs that are worth getting on this summer?

Ideally ones without one hard stopper move (Nazgul LH for example, I've tried and it's basically all down to the move to the pocket on the lip)

Fiend:
Shittest training plan for Crescent Arete EVER  ::)

dunnyg:
Neds problems trowbarrow. One of the few I've done, but I enjoyed it.

stone:
I'm keen to hear of less well traveled examples but I enjoyed the ones that get done loads and loads:
Kudos, Kudos Traverse and Caviar start (Rubicon),
Powerhumps, Kristian's problem  and Out-of-my-Tree start (Ravens tor)
Alpha (despite the ghastly pocket on the "easier" upper bit) (Anstons).

Rubicon also has more powerful shorter problems that are (and were) beyond me such as Dancing Fish Standing and Bigger Splash Direct, that many people love.

If you like low-ball traversing, the first bit of Stamina-band (Tor) up until it joins Powerband equates to 7B I think and is really cool. I've heard that bits of the DogsDinner traverse likewise make great 7B problems.

Droyd:
A few good ones in the Peak:

Goose Grease at Lees Bottom (better and more 7B if you don't use the big left heel for the crux) - lots of nice holds.

Sticking with Lees, some people think Chiggers is 7B rather than 7A+, but either way it's a good power-endurance problem with lots of moves, none of which are too hard individually.

Not sticking with Lees, Twisting in the Wind at Windy Knoll is another 7A+ that some think is 7B with lots of moves that's really good.

Jericho Road at Crag X - nice-ish holds, sustained rather than cruxy, lovely setting if you've not already been.

High Green at The Tor - Weedkiller's slightly harder and rattier but less polished brother. Maybe not 'good', but reasonable to work and has a short walk-in, plus it's definitely not soft (but also not a sandbag).

Conies Musselbrook and Ferrino at Conies Dale - both possibly a bit soft, but I thought quite nice. Loads to go at at 6C-7A+ too.

Sheep Shifter at Cave Dale was always nonsense at 7B, but as a certified board beast it'd probably be a good one to get stuck into. Definitely quality.

That's all I can come up with in the Peak that I'd actually recommend - mad considering how many good 7Bs there are on grit.

Further east, Neanderthal at Hollin is quite good - potentially doesn't quite fit the criterion as the stand is 7A+ and the consensus seems to be that the sit is 7B+, but it's reasonably good and Hollin is a good crag for low-sevens mileage.

Breach of the Peace at Nearcliff is another on the 7A+/7B borderline - provided you get it in condition (low humidity, high wind) it's good. Very much not a nice setting though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version