places to visit > abroad

Sport climbing in Andalusia

<< < (4/5) > >>

Steve Crowe:

--- Quote from: jwi on March 12, 2024, 12:59:49 pm ---Thanks all!

We are currently discussing if we should go to Andalusia, Mallorca or Sella. Sella has the advantage of being at driving distance from BCN. One of the main reasons for going to Andalusia is to see some of the sights, so don't worry Alhambra will surely be visited if we go!

--- End quote ---

El Torcal de Antequera is a really special location that is justifiably popular with tourists. There is climbing on the limestone towers too.

jwi:
Thanks everyone,

Considering various long-term weather forecasts etc we decided to go to Costa Blanca/Sella instead. What guidebook should I get? The local guidebook seems very out of print. Only the clever germans have it with their 2x markup price...

Steve Crowe:

Costa Blanca climbs by
Roberto Lopez isn’t cheap but it’s comprehensive published in 2020

jwi:

--- Quote from: Steve Crowe on March 16, 2024, 10:57:03 am ---
Costa Blanca climbs by
Roberto Lopez isn’t cheap but it’s comprehensive published in 2020

--- End quote ---

Seems out of print. None of the online stores seems to have it at least.

CrimpyMcCrimpface:
If you want I have pdf topos that I can send you for: Castell de Castells, Castellet de Calp, Pinos, L’Ocaive, Pego,Olta Massif—Calpe, and Altea Col. They're from 2007 but are at least photographic, dm if you're interested and I'll send them. El Castellet at Val de Guadar (closer to Sella than the other crags mentioned) is roadside and has a sign that is a topo. Though its not really a great crag but it does have lower grades.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version