the shizzle > bouldering

Access issues at Coquibus -- Big Island

(1/13) > >>

jwi:
https://fanatic-climbing.com/the-big-island-reference-du-haut-niveau-situe-en-zone-sensible-the-big-island-an-hardcore-boulder-located-in-a-fragile-area/

--- Quote ---At the end of the 2000s, the deal between the authorities and climbers was simple: climbing is tolerated, but only on condition that there are no circuits, and that visitor numbers remain reasonable and reasoned, i.e. with no mention in climbing guidebooks, information having to be passed on by word of mouth between initiated climbers.
[...]
Images of bad behavior on “The Big Island” are regularly posted on social media, with the climbers in question gradually legitimizing their disrespectful practice with their community, encouraging them to do the same.

--- End quote ---

rodma:
Last summer we walked in to have a look at the problem to the right of the island. Nobody there (I mean, it was summer, so I didn't expect there to be anyone else), but there was a stack of 3 or four soggy crash pads "stashed" in plain sight and not sufficiently sheltered to not get wet.

Last October going to a different sector within the Biological Reserve, my son was bored with me projecting, so went exploring and found a crash pad along with a broken (completely broken, just a fixed length piece of aluminium 1m long with nothing else on it) brushstick. We disposed off the broken brushstick i.e. carried it out, drove it to Scotland (didn't know what bin to put it in in France) and would have done the same with the pad, had our car not already been rammed (two snap wraps and a boss hog and a family)

The laziness and selfishness exhibited with pad stashing is frankly astonishing. I regularly carry the three pads mentioned above on my own and I barely weigh any more than Paul B

Plattsy:
Stumbled across the Big Island last week on a wet walk from Milly.

Four pads and two poles stashed underneath.

Also the remains of a small campfire on the little path.

Duma:
Saw a vid on IG of someone doing said problem, seemed to have a Bluetooth speaker going. Twat.

SA Chris:
The idiots are winning..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version