the shizzle > news

Topic split: Ondra repeats Bon Voyage and grade debate

(1/23) > >>

Wellsy:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3avZHUsI0E/?igsh=MW41eGF3ZGFhMXRzZQ==

Ondra has repeated Bon Voyage, says if bolted it would be a very solid and specific 9a and has also said E12...

remus:
What a weapon, I love how he's happy to get stuck in on stuff that's on paper not in his style. Gotta be so much potential for hard trad if Ondra et al turn their sights in that direction, realistically there's just a massive gap between what the best sport climbers and boulderers are doing, and what's being done on trad.

Duncan campbell:
Absolute legend! Once again, Ondra goes and shows how far above everyone else he is!

So so good!

thunderbeest:

--- Quote from: remus on February 16, 2024, 06:42:31 pm ---What a weapon, I love how he's happy to get stuck in on stuff that's on paper not in his style. Gotta be so much potential for hard trad if Ondra et al turn their sights in that direction, realistically there's just a massive gap between what the best sport climbers and boulderers are doing, and what's being done on trad.

--- End quote ---

Isn't trad just too much faffing? Like I said before: most routes in Flatanger could be trad routes, but imaging the amount of time you'd spend cleaning after every fall on Silence. Without bolts it would be impossible to clean I'd imagine.

remus:
Wouldnt have to be a 9c necessarily. He could still put a few days in to a 9a+ trad route and put up the worlds first E13 without too much work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version