places to visit > indoor walls

Climbing Hangar - Edinburgh

<< < (2/9) > >>

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: Wil on February 20, 2024, 03:30:05 pm ---They're all pretty busy in the evening my experience. If someone could open one in Stirling though...

--- End quote ---

Aberdeen/shire and all.

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: rodma on February 20, 2024, 03:46:50 pm ---I currently train at Eden and it is absolutely rammed midweek evenings.

--- End quote ---

Good(ish?) to hear; I have only ever been there on weekends and it's been pretty quiet.

Hopefully they all thrive.

Fultonius:
There are 9 or 10 at my last count in Amsterdam. Population is higher (800k vs 570k), but then there are many more walls in the surrounding towns and cities.

TCA walls in Glasgow are unbearably busy most nights of the week.

Bradders:
There are 6 in Leeds within 10 miles of each other (furthest apart are Depot Pudsey and Last Sun Dance). If anything, were underserved with that.

PlainCroi$$ant:
Alien Bloc is always packed - plus they’ve been able to get away with charging almost London prices and barely investing in the wall (old polished holds, average in-house setting, not especially clean). Most people I know that climb there can’t wait for the Hangar to open.

I think Alien’s prime location means they’ll still be fine, although Rodma is right about the pricing from the Hangar, which might lure even more people there - crazy cheap to start with!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version