places to visit > indoor walls

Climbing Hangar - Edinburgh

(1/9) > >>

SA Chris:
https://www.theclimbinghangar.com/locations/edinburgh

Looks like it's going to be between Leith and Portobello, about 4 miles from Alien Rock.

So that's Ratho, Alien Rock, Alien Bloc, Eden Rock and now this. Can the city sustain them all?

I'm never at any of them on an evening, how busy do they get, locals?

T_B:
The Hangar will be packed. They’ve got a formula that works, certainly in terms of filling their gym with people.

No idea about the other walls but if any of them currently rely on the student market, they will be worried.

Wil:
They're all pretty busy in the evening my experience. If someone could open one in Stirling though...

gme:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on February 20, 2024, 02:39:26 pm ---https://www.theclimbinghangar.com/locations/edinburgh

Looks like it's going to be between Leith and Portobello, about 4 miles from Alien Rock.

So that's Ratho, Alien Rock, Alien Bloc, Eden Rock and now this. Can the city sustain them all?

I'm never at any of them on an evening, how busy do they get, locals?

--- End quote ---

Bigger population than Newcastle and it has 5 already and one more coming. All within 2 miles of each other.

Sheffield less population still and again 5 in a 2 1/2 mile radius.

rodma:
It may affect Eden and alien bloc at first, but long-term I don't foresee any issues, given what happened when Eden opened a few years ago (seemed too quiet for a while, now loads of new climbers)

Very aggressive introductory pricing from the hanger, the likes of which I've never seen before (in the climbing world that is). Less than half the annual cost of any of the other Edinburgh walls (for normal punters, I haven't looked at student rates).

I currently train at Eden and it is absolutely rammed midweek evenings. Some brief respite from that will be nice.

I'm not knocking the hanger in any way incidentally, I'll be heading there too. It's only a 6 minute drive from my hoose after all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version