the shizzle > equipment

Ideas to stop mould on board

<< < (2/7) > >>

Bradders:

--- Quote from: mr chaz on February 16, 2024, 02:23:55 pm ---I've thought about getting a solar powered fan/vent thingy as my shed woodie has similar issues, not done it though. I painted the ply with outdoor protective paint and that has helped. Other than that I keep it at bay through regular use, numerous vents and the odd bit of bleach spray/sanding.

--- End quote ---

I tried exactly this, unfortunately it's only a problem in winter when of course there wasn't enough sunlight to power the fan  :slap:

Installing simple vents has helped deal with the majority of the condensation I was getting but hasn't stopped mould growing. I don't seem to get it on the holds but the ply has a fair bit. Ideally I think you'd have a mains linked fan running but not sure what the cost would be for that.

mrjonathanr:
My board is in a brick shed. It has an opening side hatch as well as a door. the only time mould appeared was one winter when I was injured and did not go in there for several months.

Can you install a hatch or window to ventilate the place better?

Probes:
Small bathroom fan, about 15w... .10p a day.

Betajunkie:
Similar situation myself have tried numerous things over the years.
Have large vents as it has a door and openable hatch that I leave open most of year. It still suffers this time of year then corrects itself in the summer. I did paint the board in some water resistant paint which helped for a while but still comes back doesn't really get mould on holds but more on the plywood. Unfortunately might just be a case of replacing the plywood when the time comes but interested to hear other peoples options. I put a heated fan in there prior to my sessions and it cuts back alot on the dampness allowing me to have a good session still.

mrjonathanr:
A slightly different thought. Where does the humidity come from?  One source of moisture for me was at ground level. This disappeared when I dug up the surrounding earth and created a basic soakaway by filling the trench with pebbles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version