the shizzle > equipment

Ideas to stop mould on board

(1/7) > >>

monkey boy:
Our board is in an un-insulated outhouse that doesn't get a huge amount of airflow. Last year I had no issues with mould but I think with all temp spikes and then colder spells plus a lot of rain mould has started to grow on holds and the plywood. If I'm using the board a lot it's not as bad but I'm about to have ACL surgery and therefore it won't be used for a while. Any ideas?

I've got the de-humidifier going again to see if that helps.

Cheers

petejh:
Other than airflow or spending loads on heating, nope. I use the HG mould killer stuff, gets rid of it quickly.  Your board will smell of chlorine for an hour or two after.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301947329

Probes:
Yep, airflow, if its unheated. Are you able to fit a basic extract, like a 100mm bathroom extract? This with somewhere to let air in, would probably help a lot. Also you could treat the holds, using like an osmo, this would stop mold developing on the holds. Treat them and sand back the contact area to get some friction back. But, getting air moving is first call.

mr chaz:
I've thought about getting a solar powered fan/vent thingy as my shed woodie has similar issues, not done it though. I painted the ply with outdoor protective paint and that has helped. Other than that I keep it at bay through regular use, numerous vents and the odd bit of bleach spray/sanding.

spidermonkey09:

--- Quote from: petejh on February 16, 2024, 02:14:58 pm ---Other than airflow or spending loads on heating, nope. I use the HG mould killer stuff, gets rid of it quickly.  Your board will smell of chlorine for an hour or two after.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301947329

--- End quote ---

This is good gear, I also rate the Cillit Bang Black Mould spray. You can get it v cheap on ebay in multiples. I'd probably give it a really good clean now, leave it to dry as much as possible over summer/ get some air through it and then see how it looks comes next winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version