the shizzle > bouldering

top UK slab padding recs (no cranking pls)

(1/10) > >>

harrison:
I need to climb some slabs and avoid pulling on hand holds so I'm in the market for some friction recommendations to get a bit psyched.

No grotty crimping or pebble pulling please, silky footwork only.

Appliance Friction at Stanton in the Woods is the ideal example, nothing to pull on, basically hard walking.

Location anywhere in the UK apart from maybe not further north than bowden doors. Unless its really good. I'm between London/Northumberland a lot so peak, yarkshire, and the county are all ideal, but wales, lake district etc all good.

Grade range ideally f3 - f7B (7B friction slab surely nails) and top quality.

Open to easy route recs as well!

I'll update original post to contain the list.

Thanks!

Aussiegav:
Velvet Silence at Blackrocks. One of my all time favourite lines on grit.

Highballable with plenty of pads. Or protectable on a fixed line.

Dingdong:
Ron slabs at stanage come to mind

SA Chris:
If you are looking for easy routes Rylstone is the queen of Yorkshire slabs, starting from President's and working your way upwards. I have done Dental at least a half dozen times (only solo once wired!) and it never fails to please.

Ross Barker:
The C3PO/Spring Slab boulder at the Roaches must be a contender for sure. Probably quite a few others in the Roaches/Ramshaw area too I'd imagine!

I don't think North Wales is blessed with many pure friction slabs, but the RAC boulders has a clutch of easy ones in a pleasant location. I think Willy Two Goes up in the Pass fits the bill but probably mega hard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version