the shizzle > for sale / wanted

FS: 2010 Seat Altea

(1/1)

cheque:
Feels weird selling my car as it’s so cool and I’m really attached to it (I also spent loads of money on it in the last two years…) but I’ve inherited a less cool but similar and  newer car that’s barely been driven so it’s the sensible thing to do.

January 2010 (59 plate) Seat Altea SE TDI, dark grey metallic, ~171,000 miles. Three owners, I’ve had it since October 2015 and have done 123,000 of them.

The Altea was a roomier-booted and higher-ceilinged version of the Leon which is the Seat equivalent of the VW Golf. The direct VW equivalent was called a Golf Plus. The rear seats fold flat which enables you to get a surprising amount of stuff in it.

Good bits

* * Has the 1.9 diesel VAG “pump düse” engine, known to do 250k+ if looked after properly
* * I’ve looked after it properly- had it serviced at all the proper intervals (got the paperwork to prove this of course) and I drive like an old grandad.
* * Michelin all season tyres, the oldest of which was fitted in October 22, the other three were all fitted last autumn
* * Front brake discs, pads and callipers all changed last autumn too
* * Rear discs, pads and callipers changed March 22.
* *AC serviced last July and works a treat
* *Basically doesn’t feel like you’d expect a car of this age and mileage to feel
Not so good bits

* *Has exactly the amount of scratches and other cosmetic wear you’d expect a car of this age and mileage to have. The most obvious being the NS rear wheel arch which has a scrape/ dent with a bit of rust in there
* *The rear wiper’s days of clearing the screen properly are behind it and it’ll need replacing to pass the MOT
* *The MOT is due mid-March.
* *Timing belt is due at due at 194k or January 2025
* *Needs a wash
In Sheffield S11, available from Wednesday. Hit me up with an offer
:thumbsup:[/list][/list]

cheque:

--- Quote from: cheque on February 11, 2024, 09:04:24 pm ---*The rear wiper’s days of clearing the screen properly are behind it and it’ll need replacing to pass the MOT
*The MOT is due mid-March.

--- End quote ---

It’s just passed it’s MOT so knock these off the list  ;D

Washing it and putting it on Auto Trader for £750 tomorrow. Will do cheaper than that for UKB people obv.

cheque:
Sold now.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version