the shizzle > for sale / wanted

Wanted: Passive Speakers

<< < (2/3) > >>

SamT:
 :thumbsup:

duncan:

--- Quote from: SamT on February 06, 2024, 01:10:19 pm ---Got some Wharfdale Linton 3XP that I've been tripping over.  However, they're definitely older then 20 years!!

--- End quote ---

Probably made in Bradford in the late 1970s. Good, warm-sounding speakers: John Martyn rather than Dubstep. It's possible the rubber surrounds of the bass drivers have perished but if you have a listen at reasonable volumes it should be evident if something is up. /antiques roadshow

Dingdong:
Luckily I only plan to listen to my John Frusciante vinyls so shan't be smashing them with too much bass  :lol: good knowledge though, if they're perished im sure i could find a replacement driver somewhere out there

andy_e:

--- Quote from: duncan on February 06, 2024, 01:54:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: SamT on February 06, 2024, 01:10:19 pm ---Got some Wharfdale Linton 3XP that I've been tripping over.  However, they're definitely older then 20 years!!

--- End quote ---

Probably made in Bradford in the late 1970s. Good, warm-sounding speakers: John Martyn rather than Dubstep. It's possible the rubber surrounds of the bass drivers have perished but if you have a listen at reasonable volumes it should be evident if something is up. /antiques roadshow

--- End quote ---

I have some 70s Wharfedale Lintons that I still use all day every day and sound incredible still!

SamT:
Stop it... you'll make me want to keep them!!  :lol:

(Wish I lived in a massive detached house in the middle of a field so I could blast music like I used to as a teenager!!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version