the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

Let's have a Turkish get-ups thread

(1/5) > >>

slab_happy:
Thought it might be worthwhile, after the subject came up in the elbow injury advice thread.

Pros, cons? Recommended videos or other resources for people who want to learn? Any useful tips?

For those who do them, how do you fit them into your training? What do you think you get out of them?

Dingdong:
Pros:

They’re excellent for conditioning your core and your shoulders, really just good all rounder

they’re a great tool for learning complex movement across your whole body

Once movement is learnt, easy to push progressive overload over sessions

Can be modified easily to be harder by flipping the kettlebell bottom facing up

Cons:

It’s a complex movement and can be confusing at first

Much harder than it looks - people will think you’re doing the easiest exercise in the gym… until they try it ;)

Full body workout so can wreck the CNS a bit

Tips:

This exercise is composed of a number of movements so make sure to have each one nailed before upping the weight. It’s a great exercise to start with a really small kettlebell, like 2-3kg and really master the movement

wrap a tee shirt or small towel around your wrist you use for the kettlebell as it will push up against the back of your forearm

slab_happy:

--- Quote from: Dingdong on February 05, 2024, 08:41:32 am ---wrap a tee shirt or small towel around your wrist you use for the kettlebell as it will push up against the back of your forearm

--- End quote ---

I don't find I need padding, but I always have to remember to take my watch off or it can get snagged against the kettlebell.

Dingdong:

--- Quote from: slab_happy on February 05, 2024, 08:47:09 am ---
--- Quote from: Dingdong on February 05, 2024, 08:41:32 am ---wrap a tee shirt or small towel around your wrist you use for the kettlebell as it will push up against the back of your forearm

--- End quote ---

I don't find I need padding, but I always have to remember to take my watch off or it can get snagged against the kettlebell.

--- End quote ---

For me it always pressed against the back of my forearm or rubbed so had to pad it, was kinda annoying

mrjonathanr:

--- Quote from: slab_happy on February 05, 2024, 08:24:00 am ---Thought it might be worthwhile, after the subject came up in the elbow injury advice thread.

Pros, cons? Recommended videos or other resources for people who want to learn? Any useful tips?

For those who do them, how do you fit them into your training? What do you think you get out of them?

--- End quote ---
Only 4 more Turkish get ups till half term.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version