places to visit > abroad

Meeting DWS-ers in Mallorca/ how busy are places in May

(1/4) > >>

iwasmexican:
I might be going to Mallorca for a work conference in may and obviously would love to do some DWS while I'm there, but will probably be alone. For anyone thats been, how busy are the most popular areas/ how likely is it that there'll be anyone else there? Usually I'm quite happy climbing alone but less so when theres scope for drowning...

Paul B:
Barques (sp?) usually has people and Porto Colom likewise but I've never had other climbers at Diablo (one from this parish turned up and left!) and the venue near the tower (with Toni) I've also never seen anyone else there.

User deactivated.:
I can't answer your specific question, but there's a lot of DWS in Mallorca that's as safe as DWS can be and i'd be happy to do it alone. There's a possibility you could drown just like there's a possibility you could fall off a normal boulder, hit your head on a rock and die.

Adam Lincoln:
Diablo always been busy when we have been. As long as connies are good. October is the month though as sun is low enough to dry backs of caves out.

T_B:
IDK about May but don’t leave any valuables at the top of Diablo. Been twice. Once goppy, but calm sea and just me and wife. Mildly terrifying. Once when there was a bunch of Spanish chucking themselves off the top. Much more reassuring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version