the shizzle > bouldering

Topic split: Grade based payment clauses in sponsorship deals.

<< < (2/49) > >>

jwi:

--- Quote from: Bonjoy on January 22, 2024, 01:10:33 pm ---I've heard it said that some top end US sponsorship deals have grade based payment clauses.
If true this would certainly create perverse incentives, drive grade inflation at the top, and put all the pieces in place for some interesting encounters with 'alternative facts' when the euros turn up.

--- End quote ---

That is daft, but the same exists surely to a certain degree in Europe as well. No one gets into the news for putting up an 8B+/9a but for an 8C+/9b you get mentions in all media. No mentions = no cash.

Its all fun and games until the Belgians turn up and piss on your boulder/multi-pitch.

User deactivated.:

--- Quote from: Dingdong on January 22, 2024, 01:26:41 pm ---Mammut have a hitlist

Sleepwalker - $10k sit $15k

Alphane - $15k

Burden of dreams - used to be $20k but you only get $15k now

West side story - $25k

--- End quote ---

$20k for Backflip sit (including danger bonus)

Fultonius:

--- Quote from: jwi on January 22, 2024, 01:27:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: Bonjoy on January 22, 2024, 01:10:33 pm ---I've heard it said that some top end US sponsorship deals have grade based payment clauses.
If true this would certainly create perverse incentives, drive grade inflation at the top, and put all the pieces in place for some interesting encounters with 'alternative facts' when the euros turn up.

--- End quote ---

That is daft, but the same exists surely to a certain degree in Europe as well. No one gets into the news for putting up an 8B+/9a but for an 8C+/9b you get mentions in all media. No mentions = no cash.

Its all fun and games until the Belgians turn up and piss on your boulder/multi-pitch.

--- End quote ---

Until they don't, and Caldwell laughs all the way to the bank.

duncan:

--- End quote ---

A recent episode of Careless Talk suggested Will had been very successful at maxing out his grade-based incentives from Adidas (if I recall correctly, may have been a different podcast but name checks-out)

A canny athlete manager would include a clause in his contract incentivising provocative downgrades!  ;)

Dexter:

--- Quote from: Dingdong on January 22, 2024, 01:26:41 pm ---Mammut have a hitlist

Sleepwalker - $10k sit $15k

Alphane - $15k

Burden of dreams - used to be $20k but you only get $15k now

West side story - $25k

--- End quote ---

Can someone please put out a $100k contract on Shadowplay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version