places to visit > indoor walls

Wythenshawe for ‘Europe’s largest climbing centre’

<< < (2/41) > >>

spidermonkey09:
I have floated the idea but he didn't seem keen, wonder why...

Teaboy:

--- Quote from: edshakey on January 11, 2024, 03:23:00 pm ---
In another article, it says there will be "50 parking spaces". That seems... not many.

--- End quote ---

That’ll be plenty in Wythenshaw…..

JamieG:
Presumably being right next to Manchester airport is part of the consideration if they’re hoping to host big competitions.

Muenchener:

--- Quote from: edshakey on January 11, 2024, 03:23:00 pm ---A quick Google has found Kletterzentrum Innsbruck, DAV Munich Sud and Ratho to be contenders for biggest wall in the world. Given they're all also in Europe, anyone know the biggest in the world which this new one won't be bigger than?

--- End quote ---

The DAV claimed Munich Süd was the biggest years ago. As a regular there and occasional visitor to Innsbruck, I'd say Innsbruck feels bigger, but that might just be down to a more modern and spacious layout - Munich has lots of bits & pieces of wall spread over two (soon to be three) separate buildings.

Innsbruck claims 5,000㎡ of floor area and 5,750㎡ of wall surface (versus Munich 5,550㎡), which is a bit more than 51,000 square feet,

sxrxg:
Pondering whilst resting... Do people enjoy these massive walls? I have found with the modern larger centres I don't enjoy them as much as smaller venues. Then again I am prone to esoteric venues outside and tend to stay away from the Strange and Almscliff's of the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version