the shizzle > new problems

[Yorkshire] [Hawkcliffe] 4 new problems and 2 projects

(1/5) > >>

User deactivated.:
I'm currently updating the guide, but the excerpt below shows the new things relating to this thread.

Hopefully I can get some grade opinions before finishing the guide as I'm doing the usual thing where you're sure a problem is going to be X and then as soon as you climb it you want to go with X-2. It's The Miners' Strike in this case that i'm not sure about (originally this went left at the end but I did the direct finish last night and decided to scrap the left finish as it's not as good and I don't think it makes sense being a separate problem).

And a map might be useful (ignore the X's - unfilled page numbers):

Dingdong:

--- Quote from: Liamhutch89 on January 10, 2024, 09:59:22 am ---I'm currently updating the guide, but the excerpt below shows the new things relating to this thread.

Hopefully I can get some grade opinions before finishing the guide as I'm doing the usual thing where you're sure a problem is going to be X and then as soon as you climb it you want to go with X-2. It's The Miners' Strike in this case that i'm not sure about (originally this went left at the end but I did the direct finish last night and decided to scrap the left finish as it's not as good and I don't think it makes sense being a separate problem).

And a map might be useful (ignore the X's - unfilled page numbers):

--- End quote ---

Having been on this roof I can attest to how good it is. Go get on it if you’re in the area!

Will Hunt:
Looks really good, Liam, nice work!
I can imagine that becoming quite popular. I've always parked here: https://www.google.com/maps/@53.8928374,-1.9349915,3a,75y,269.63h,69.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si6ixv1eqp2cG8CIqh04m6A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I can imagine that getting full/churned up. Have you used any alternative parking? I think it's legal to park on the road there so long as you're well off the bend, but I'm not sure I'd want to. I had a look for alternative parking nearby and not sure I'd want to try it here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.8937735,-1.9353385,3a,15y,10.75h,88.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smVZdeCNYqqQ3gbY_Aq-pFg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Mind you, they might share?
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.8937459,-1.935478,3a,15y,259.01h,83.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seIKSt7Ivsc8aq_e_7mT0nQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

User deactivated.:
Will, yes the parking could become an issue. Not so much due to space as the grass verge is massive (it goes all the way around the bend), but it is starting to get a bit muddy close to the lay-by.

The first time I ever visited Hawkcliffe, I didn't really know where I was going and first tried to park on the little lane going down to the farm on the other side of the road. We spoke to the farmer and straight away he asked if we were climbers. After having a chat he directed us to the grass at the other side of the road and didn't seem to care as long as we weren't in the way of his tractors / wagons.

It won't look great if the grass gets totally churned up but it would take quite a bit of traffic to do so and unfortunately it's already a bit of a dump around the parking due to litter, etc. I don't know if there's a better alternative.   

teestub:

--- Quote from: Liamhutch89 on January 10, 2024, 11:38:04 am ---

The first time I ever visited Hawkcliffe, I didn't really know where I was going and first tried to park on the little lane going down to the farm on the other side of the road. We spoke to the farmer and straight away he asked if we were climbers. After having a chat he directed us to the grass at the other side of the road and didn't seem to care as long as we weren't in the way of his tractors / wagons.

--- End quote ---

I assume they weren’t bothered as that verge is likely council/highways property rather than the farm!

Roof looks great, hopefully we will get a decent spring again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version