places to visit > indoor walls

Onyx, Blackburn

<< < (4/4)

steveri:

--- Quote from: abarro81 on January 03, 2024, 06:20:30 pm ---
Mmm... Lovely... (For the avoidance of doubt, that most definitely is sarcasm; I love indoor climbing that feels like outdoor climbing - like the wave - but not if it's tweaky ming)

--- End quote ---

For the avoidance of doubt and any possible legal action, Onyx is definitely not tweaky ming and seems like good prep for outdoors. Not all walls manage this - jumpy/compy seems to go hand in hand with an aversion to smaller holds. I backed off one pockety problem that seemed a bit risky on an old injury. ;D

andy_e:

--- Quote from: gardinrm on January 03, 2024, 11:46:50 pm ---Andy - just live down the road in Chorley if you are around the area at the moment?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, just a flying visit to the folks before a conference in Manchester!

--- Quote from: steveri on January 04, 2024, 11:17:11 am ---For the avoidance of doubt and any possible legal action, Onyx is definitely not tweaky ming and seems like good prep for outdoors. Not all walls manage this - jumpy/compy seems to go hand in hand with an aversion to smaller holds. I backed off one pockety problem that seemed a bit risky on an old injury. ;D

--- End quote ---

Yeah totally, I think because the holds actually have friction you don't actually need to pull that hard on them, thereforeaking them safer and more realistic to outdoor climbing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version