places to visit > indoor walls

Onyx, Blackburn

<< < (3/4) > >>

spidermonkey09:
I haven't found it tweaky, the wave is a decent comparison.

I've never been back to the climbing station at Loughborough after I tweaked a finger on their shit setting at the start of 2020 😂

moose:
I've been a couple of times and really enjoyed the old-school vibe and the setting. Lots of crimping and less of the running - jumping, volume wrestling that's now prevalent.  I found the problems interesting with good moves, yet also satisfyingly basic - forearms and fingers felt worked afterwards - like after a brutal limestone session.

dunnyg:

--- Quote ---like after a brutal limestone session
--- End quote ---

Could there be a higher praise?

gardinrm:
Hadn't hard about it either. Sounds great. I love the Boulder UK wall in Preston too, for similar reasons. Maybe not quite so 'old school' (need to visit Onyx to know) but I really like the route setting, and the vibe is so much more relaxed than other (previously mentioned) Manchester walls. 

Andy - just live down the road in Chorley if you are around the area at the moment?

rginns:
 :agree:
Yep, a decent wall, great asset to the Lancs/N Manc area. Good setting from Ian as is to be expected and it's also nice to see both Gill and Ian at the helm of a wall again. Some varied problems, I've really enjoyed when I've been👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version