places to visit > abroad

Font in March - worth the risk?

(1/6) > >>

hongkongstuey:
For the first time ever in my adult life, i seem to have found myself with a bunch of 'use it or lose it' annual leave that i need to K.O before the end of March.

Having never had a dedicated Font trip before (have stopped a few times on the way to/from the Alps and a couple of rained out weekend trips when i was UK-based), thought now might be the time to change this - but also a bit wary of March weather situation.

What's people's experience / opinion on this time of year (likely 10-23 Mar) in Font.
Expect 50/50 climbing/twiddling thumbs time, or better/worse?

It's also likely to be a solo trip so what're the odds of finding other groups to climb/socialize with? I'll prob go a bit stir crazy with two-weeks of my own company... 

Or should i just say sod it and go to Albarracin (or somewhere else with a higher probability of dry days) instead?

remus:
You can never guarantee the weather there but I'd say it's march/april is probably the best time of year to go on balance. Conditions might not be as crisp as winter but you'll have a better chance of dry days.

The question is how gutted you'd be if the weather didn't play ball, but for me font is some of the best bouldering in the world and well worth the risk.

https://weatherspark.com/y/47913/Average-Weather-in-Paris-France-Year-Round#Figures-CloudCover

Dingdong:
I went March last year and it was perfect connies. I think feb/march/April is usually the best time to hit up Font, not too warm, not too cold and little rain.

Most people I know usually wait until a week or two before booking it so they can keep an eye on the weather. If it’s crap you could maybe look at magic wood or albaraccin instead.

You’ll definitely meet other psyched groups out there who are usually welcoming, we’ve always made new friends when we’ve gone and ended up having drinks/food after.

Fatboyslimfast2:
If all you have is 2 weeks and you need to book now I would go elsewhere. Having spent numerous trips over the last 30 years waiting for it to stop raining in Font its fucking miserable. if you coming from HK you can go anywhere in the world surely?

Ged:

--- Quote from: Fatboyslimfast2 on December 28, 2023, 09:31:41 am ---If all you have is 2 weeks and you need to book now I would go elsewhere. Having spent numerous trips over the last 30 years waiting for it to stop raining in Font its fucking miserable. if you coming from HK you can go anywhere in the world surely?

--- End quote ---

Seconded.  I'd  be going to Bishop/Red Rocks/Hueco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version