the shizzle > get involved: access, environment, BMC

Panorama Rocks (Ilkley), Hundred Eyes Bloc.

(1/4) > >>

sjw:
Today, at A Hundred Bananas, we were approached by the landowner who asked if we were aware that we were climbing on his land. I explained that we were of the understanding that access had been okayed with the owner of the house above the boulder, to which he said that the boundary line is the wall which intersects the boulder, so although it tops out above the wall, the main area underneath the boulder is actually his land and he hadn't been contacted about climbing there.

Obviously we apologised for our ignorance on the situation and offered to leave, but he said it was fine for us to stay and climb. His main concern appeared to be whether he would be liable for any injuries sustained on his land. I've taken his number to pass on to the BMC rep to contact him about it.

He seemed friendly and reasonable, I just thought it would be worth making people aware about it. We had assumed that access was agreed, especially as there's no mention of it on ukc even though it's clearly on private land.

spidermonkey09:
Unsurprising news, amazed it didn't take longer for him to become aware. Well done for getting his number.

Bonjoy:
Good work SJW. Textbook way to deal with this kind of challenge. I wish everyone did this.
Is it Mick J you are passing number to? By all means pass to me as well. Thanks.

sjw:

--- Quote from: Bonjoy on December 03, 2023, 09:31:27 pm ---Good work SJW. Textbook way to deal with this kind of challenge. I wish everyone did this.
Is it Mick J you are passing number to? By all means pass to me as well. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

I'll pm you his details, thank you.

User deactivated.:
Sounds positive. 'Pipeline' and other potential problems on the 'Wave Block' may have a future after all!  :dance1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version