UKBouldering.com

Instinct LE (Read 8400 times)

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#50 Re: Instinct LE
November 27, 2023, 07:16:04 pm
They’re the old orange slipper, I thought k (which I train with) but in black. Much more ninja frienfly.

Dolly

• forum hero
#51 Re: Instinct LE
November 27, 2023, 07:40:40 pm
Ooh I’ve bought some for my winter season outfit. Black La Sportiva Jeans black baselayer black Armani t shirt and a lovely black Castelli merino beanie to top it off

tall_not_strong

#52 Re: Instinct LE
November 27, 2023, 09:43:12 pm
Not exactly... just trying to understand the business decision behind it (as someone who doesn't know much about these kinds of thing). It seems like they've gone for low stock - which might not be great if it's a good shoe and lots of people like it - but also not crazy price - so they aren't earning as much from it as they could. Kinda lose lose? I suppose that's a negative spin, whereas you could argue it's win win - at least they actually did make them rather than not, and aren't charging a fortune. That's kinda what I was hoping to understand ;)

I've got a sneaky suspicion that someone at BF just really likes climbing shoes! seems like a massive oversight not to bundle these with a pair of boot bananas

petejh

• forum hero
#53 Re: Instinct LE
November 27, 2023, 09:55:10 pm

Kinda odd to bother making an improved shoe and not capitalise on it with increase markup, and limit themselves to only selling a small number.

...are you complaining about them not rinsing us with a mega markup?

Not exactly... just trying to understand the business decision behind it (as someone who doesn't know much about these kinds of thing). It seems like they've gone for low stock - which might not be great if it's a good shoe and lots of people like it - but also not crazy price - so they aren't earning as much from it as they could. Kinda lose lose? I suppose that's a negative spin, whereas you could argue it's win win - at least they actually did make them rather than not, and aren't charging a fortune. That's kinda what I was hoping to understand ;)

It seems they’re ‘rolling the pitch’ for future limited editions.
And raising brand awareness - for e.g. this limited edition shoe has UKB talking more about a pair of shoes then I’ve ever seen since shark ran out of whites. So jwi’s ire at marketing apprentice incompetence is probably misplaced.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#54 Re: Instinct LE
November 27, 2023, 10:30:13 pm
Ooh I’ve bought some for my winter season outfit. Black La Sportiva Jeans black baselayer black Armani t shirt and a lovely black Castelli merino beanie to top it off

Is that you, Pep?

stone

• forum abuser
#55 Re: Instinct LE
November 29, 2023, 10:56:27 am
Perhaps consider getting one of these spaceships to get to the crag
  It was so extremely dark that it was hard to make out the shape, and it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it. Zaphod commented that the light "seemed to fall into it", and Ford said that his eyes seemed to slide off it. Zaphod repeatedly attempted to reach out and stroke the outside of the craft and feel the surface, however his hand was stopped, as it was totally frictionless. Zaphod called it "one mother of a mover".

Marvin was able to touch the surface of the ship and open up an entry hatchway, and the interior of the ship was completely black. There were black controls labelled in black, on a black background, with a little light that lit up black, which made it difficult to control the ship. [quote/]
https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Spacecraft#:~:text=Haggunenon%20Admiral%20ship%2FDisaster%20Area%20stunt%20ship,-This%20was%20a&text=It%20was%20admired%20by%20Zaphod,you%20were%20standing%20to%20it.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#56 Re: Instinct LE
November 29, 2023, 11:31:59 am
Did anyone get my earlier Spinal Tap reference.

Also Capita Snowboards covered it;

https://eu.capitasnowboarding.com/products/the-black-snowboard-of-death-2024

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#57 Re: Instinct LE
November 29, 2023, 02:25:35 pm

It seems they’re ‘rolling the pitch’ for future limited editions.
And raising brand awareness - for e.g. this limited edition shoe has UKB talking more about a pair of shoes then I’ve ever seen since shark ran out of whites. So jwi’s ire at marketing apprentice incompetence is probably misplaced.

Oh, I am sure it is working in the sense that it can create a buzz (bad and good). I have not thought about scarpa in forever, and now I remember that they exists and that I am irritated by their brand strategy. Soon I will just vaguely remember that Scarpa exists and forget that I hate limited runs nonsense.

However, a company exist for other reasons than to build a valuable brand.

Dolly

• forum hero
#58 Re: Instinct LE
November 29, 2023, 10:57:10 pm

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LnaPUdusdmLqPrng8Here's my today. Ignore the hat just for now and imagine how much better I would have looked with a totally black shoe on

Dolly

• forum hero
#59 Re: Instinct LE
November 29, 2023, 10:58:21 pm
Me not my sorry

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#60 Re: Instinct LE
November 29, 2023, 11:13:01 pm
Galaxy's Defender.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#61 Re: Instinct LE
November 30, 2023, 10:18:58 am

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LnaPUdusdmLqPrng8Here's my today. Ignore the hat just for now and imagine how much better I would have looked with a totally black shoe on
Ideal for a lamping session.

Bradders

• forum hero
#62 Re: Instinct LE
December 05, 2023, 10:13:18 am

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#63 Re: Instinct LE
December 05, 2023, 10:55:05 am
Boots for treading… gingerly

jakaitch

• regular
#64 Re: Instinct LE
December 05, 2023, 11:09:54 am
You reckon they just had a load of left over fabric from old projects?

remus

• forum hero
#65 Re: Instinct LE
December 21, 2023, 08:27:12 pm
Had a couple of sessions in these now and growing to like them. The added stiffness seems to work well, as it feels like you can get a bit more power through the toe. The heels also seem pretty decent for a slipper, I think this might just be because they fit my heel fairly well though? I get a good vacuum suck when I'm taking them off

The main benefit though, and something I haven't seen discussed elsewhere, is that every time I put them on I feel a disturbance in the force as jwi cringes a little. A couple of times this has given me the edge to get up my project of choice for the day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal