places to visit > indoor walls

Cloned comp problems?

(1/4) > >>

stone:
Burden of Dreams has been replicated indoors. Do competition problems also get cloned in various venues? Could whole comps get cloned around the country/world as with that MoonBoard Masters but not just board style problems? Perhaps GB Climbing or whatever could encourage standardised walls to facilitate that?

What made me wonder about this was hearing of the great travel expense/hassle for participants of international competitions and contrasting that with the Moon Board Masters.

jwi:
Interesting concept. One issue I can see is that an average boulderproblem on the world cup costs about as much as three fully set moon boards, just in holds and volumes.

petejh:
The one Moonboard masters I watched didn't appear to be a level playing field despite climbers attempting the same holds/moves - different temperature and humidity between venues/countries/continents, different time zones. In the one I watched Daniel Woods kept greasing off holds complaining about the humidity... might just have been having a bad day though!   

Paul B:
Maybe Ryan had put some butter on the holds?

jwi:
Also, the moon board are not exactly of the same thickness from batch to batch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version