the shizzle > get involved: access, environment, BMC

Slipstones parking

<< < (2/3) > >>

Will Hunt:
I was there a couple of weeks ago and have a feeling the sign doesn't specify a 3 car max? And does it also specify the bit about not blocking the green lane to the right of the sign? Sorry if I've misremembered that. If not it would be worth adding that as well as the bit about alternative parking down the road (you can even park on the verge closer than Gollinglith Foot).

spidermonkey09:
It definitely does say 3 cars max. There would still be space to access the green lane with 3 cars parked there, although I'm not clear whether the existence of the green lane is correct as there doesn't appear to be a byway marked there on an OS map.

Will Hunt:
Maybe green lane is the wrong term and it's better called a tractor/quad track. Looking on the satellite view it doesn't go anywhere but accesses a turning circle for farm traffic.

spidermonkey09:
Yeah, agree it looks to be for field access from satellite view. Anyway, I remember noticing that with 3 cars properly parked there was still space to access the track.

Bonjoy:
Thanks for the update James I've updated the RAD about the lower parking being available again.
Yes, the signage includes the number limit, info on the right and left extent of the agreed parking, and avoidance of blocking the main track and the overgrown rh track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version