the shizzle > two wheel spiel

La Vuelta

(1/8) > >>

James Malloch:
Is anyone planning to watch this starting tomorrow?

Any tips for good coverage would be welcomed. I’ve got Discovery+ so can have the live race in the background, but it would be good to have some shorter daily summaries to watch.

I’ve never really watched cycling but really enjoyed the TdF: Unchained series on Netflix so I’m keen to keep track of the Vuelta.

wasbeen:
Lanterne Rouge highlights on You Tube are always worth a watch. They are packed with insight. It surprises me that even when I watch a stage from start to finish, how much I have missed. Love the Veulta, thinking man's tour!

m.cooke.1421:
I think Discovery+ is the same coverage as GCN. They might do 30-40 minute highlights as well as the 2-3 minute ones. If you are unable to watch live and want to watch it after the event then my preferred option is to follow How Far Out For This Race? on twitter who give a suggestion of where would be good to watch from and then you can just skip through the full race coverage to the relevant points. This way if it is a sprint stage with a break full of cannon fodder you know you only need to watch the last 5km rather than sit through the whole 40 minute highlights. However, if the same stage gets blown apart by crosswinds then you can choose to watch more of it.

If you are following live whilst at work then the livestats on procyclingstats is pretty handy for working out what is going on.

JJP:
The vuelta is often a really good watch as is the last grand tour of season so lots of people go for it!

I tend to watch a few of the bigger stages in full on eurosport (have as part of tv package).
However, for majority of stages I watch the ITV4 highlights show which is usually pretty good (set to record series).

For more detailed analysis I am a really big fan of the cycling podcast. They do a daily episode that comes out late each night (so i usually listen next morning on commute) and often pick up on smaller stories etc with good interviews and guests. They also tend do adjunct episodes covering topics related to race eg historical or related to specific climbs or stages.

Paul B:
I don't think ITV have any coverage this year, it's either GCN+, Discovery+ or Eurosport.

GCN seem flaky with getting highlights up on time and not getting confused between the long and short highlights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version