the shizzle > news

Insignificant repeats

(1/10) > >>

kingholmesy:
I have just seen from logbooks on the other channel that a few days ago someone repeated my route on the Lizard, Feed Me To The Birds.

The logbook is hidden but I would be interested to know what they thought of it - was it anyone on here?

If not this thread can happily wither and die, although feel free if anyone else wants to use it to post about repeats of other esoteric punter level stuff not noteworthy enough to grace the significant repeats thread.

Hoseyb:
Glad to see I'm not the only person to narcistalk UKC logbooks  :2thumbsup:

Dingdong:
I get pretty excited whenever I see people repeat my choss tbh, this is a great thread idea  :punk:

kingholmesy:

--- Quote from: Hoseyb on July 27, 2023, 10:36:48 pm ---Glad to see I'm not the only person to narcistalk UKC logbooks  :2thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

In my defence on this occasion a friend mentioned that he had seen on the logbooks that someone had repeated my route.

I do sometimes though narcissistically look up my first ascents (I’ve not done many) to see whether anyone has repeated them.  :-[

andy moles:
I'm going to defend this behaviour (because I do it too) as not (wholly) narcissistic.

In the same way if you've read a book or watched a film you often want to talk about it afterwards, it's interesting to reach out a finger across the internet to someone who has shared an experience (and climbing something new is often a more memorable experience). It's not like you wouldn't chat about it face to face if you met someone who'd happened to repeat your FA, or whatever.

That said, and as much as I find possessive language in climbing ('my' routes and all that shite) repellent, I do get the good feelies when someone says something I did was good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version