places to visit > conditions reports (isitgreasy on twitter)

Levitt hagg- light walker

(1/2) > >>

olliecamel:
Hi, does anyone know how levitt hagg is holding up and general condition of the light worker/walker block? Is it covered in plant life again or has anyone climbed it recently. Looks like a decent block, but by sounds of it, gets very green and returns to nature fast. Cheers

Bradders:
It was always notoriously difficult to get in condition, as typical for mag lime and particularly due to it's aspect (essentially in a deep pit with no sunshine reaching it and lots of tree cover) it is very susceptible to condensation forming.

Foliage wise I think it'll be okay, it's had recentish ascents on UKC and seems to have been thoroughly cleaned up since it's become more popular, which should also help with it staying clean.

Would expect with recent rain it'll be wet though and need a good few dry days to be climbable.

m.cooke.1421:
I gave the top out a good clean at the end of June. I'm not sure about the start holds but the holds round from the arete at the top are all fine. It suffers most from condensation so a fan would be a big help if you have one.

olliecamel:
Thanks a lot for your replies. Might leave it for when I have a more sunny run up. Cheers

moose:

--- Quote from: m.cooke.1421 on July 19, 2023, 09:54:47 am ---I gave the top out a good clean at the end of June. I'm not sure about the start holds but the holds round from the arete at the top are all fine. It suffers most from condensation so a fan would be a big help if you have one.

--- End quote ---

Given how high it is, it would have to be a bloody powerful fan to affect the business end!  All the fans I've used have been helpful for de-smegging sit-starts in caves, but almost imperceptible a few metres off the ground.  For a fan to be of benefit, I'd want it on a cherry-picker / MEWP!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version