places to visit > uk and eire

Ullapool summer family climbing

<< < (2/8) > >>

AJM:
Thanks Sherlock - if we go for it then pad loan could be really helpful (we're thinking train+hirecar, so would be reliant on hiring/borrowing, we definitely won't have our own), thanks so much.

Yeah the nc500 thing is a bit of a pain, but I guess being tied to school holidays means there's probably not much I can do about it (I don't know if may half term would have been better but poole->ullapool for a week starts to feel like a stretch!)

sherlock:
Just sent you a message, let me know if it didn't work!

Bradders:

--- Quote from: sherlock on June 15, 2023, 10:53:57 am ---the over popularity of the NC fucking 500.

--- End quote ---

Purely out of interest is the NC 500 getting any less busy now that lockdowns are over with?

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: AJM on June 15, 2023, 11:10:40 am ---Yeah the nc500 thing is a bit of a pain, but I guess being tied to school holidays means there's probably not much I can do about it (I don't know if may half term would have been better but poole->ullapool for a week starts to feel like a stretch!)

--- End quote ---

Worth knowing, Scottish Schools go back 1/2 weeks earlier than English, so end of your summer hols may be quieter. We're doing the opposite, heading to England before English hols start, might try and show the kids my old Dorset stomping ground, but probably not.

Note that yes, it is busy due to limited infrastructure, but nowhere near as bad as it was just after lockdown when international travel was not allowed. And even then, if you are used to travelling about in the S/SW in the height of summer, it will seem pretty quiet. It's nothing like Sandbanks or Lulworth cove on a sunny bank holiday weekend.

sherlock:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on June 15, 2023, 01:07:02 pm ---
--- Quote from: AJM on June 15, 2023, 11:10:40 am ---Yeah the nc500 thing is a bit of a pain, but I guess being tied to school holidays means there's probably not much I can do about it (I don't know if may half term would have been better but poole->ullapool for a week starts to feel like a stretch!)

--- End quote ---

Worth knowing, Scottish Schools go back 1/2 weeks earlier than English, so end of your summer hols may be quieter. We're doing the opposite, heading to England before English hols start, might try and show the kids my old Dorset stomping ground, but probably not.

Note that yes, it is busy due to limited infrastructure, but nowhere near as bad as it was just after lockdown when international travel was not allowed. And even then, if you are used to travelling about in the S/SW in the height of summer, it will seem pretty quiet. It's nothing like Sandbanks or Lulworth cove on a sunny bank holiday weekend.

--- End quote ---
Hmmm, don't know about that we bailed for Europe beginning of June and it was getting bad even then.
When were you last over this side Chris?
But I suppose it's what your used to. It's perfect November to April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version