places to visit > uk and eire

Ullapool summer family climbing

<< < (8/8)

AJM:
We’ve just got back from Jetty as it happens, worked out pretty well, did a bunch of the VSs.

SA Chris:
How was rest of trip?

AJM:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on September 20, 2023, 12:56:49 pm ---How was rest of trip?

--- End quote ---

I completely intended to do a writeup and thank you for all the suggestions, but I got back from holiday and life just kept happening.....

It was a really good mixed activity trip.
- We did a day at jetty (couple of VSs), at goat (the crag warmups, basically) and reiff (some easy topropes, it was very blowy). Not much done per day but partly that was kids/wife also toproping things, partly moderate kids attention span, and to be honest any trad as a unit of 4 is an achievement in my book.
- boat trip to the summer isles was great, the kids loved dolphins
- we stopped briefly at the gorge and we took the kids up both Ullapool hill and Stac Pollaidh. They decided hillwalking was great which is 100% one of the big wins of the trip.

We also had a few days in Inverness but my wife wasn't feeling great so I took the kids up the cairngorm mountain railway and we visited fort George rather than any more climbing. The day trains up went surprisingly well and the sleeper train back ditto.

Thanks to everyone who provided ideas and suggestions and so on.

SA Chris:
Excellent, sounds like an all round win.

I go trad routing with wife and kids, i am usually the only one who doesn't actually get any climbing in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version