UKBouldering.com

Women who have climbed Deliverance at Stanage (Read 8992 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

It sounds like the only shorter people to do it are also 8b boulderers?

Somehow I've done it (167. -2.5 AI) and unless Famous Grouse Sit is still 7C, the nominal 7B+ it's given is my max grade.

Look at me, could be up there with the shittest short persons to have done it.

Dingdong

• forum abuser

Somehow I've done it (167. -2.5 AI) and unless Famous Grouse Sit is still 7C, the nominal 7B+ it's given is my max grade.

Yes yes it is still 7C! I’m not sure how people are doing it but I thought the sit move was quite stiff but added 0 quality to the climb so didn’t bother doing it

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah

Great stuff! This is either proof that it's actually not to bad for the slightly short or that you're grit wizard!

leonjoyce88

And then you have Leon who’s done it one handed  :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnpNxJFKnoi/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

I'm remember watching Jacob Cook breeze it one handed about 10 years ago. I think he also tried it left hand only, but I can't remember the outcome.

Left hand is much harder I could do the slab using some really contorted moves but couldn't work out the jump.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah

I'm remember watching Jacob Cook breeze it one handed about 10 years ago. I think he also tried it left hand only, but I can't remember the outcome.

Left hand is much harder I could do the slab using some really contorted moves but couldn't work out the jump.

Don't think Jacob has done it LH only.

I also feel like there was a video we'd seen of someone doing it RH only before Jacob did it. But it's going back a few years, I might be wrong.

leonjoyce88

I also feel like there was a video we'd seen of someone doing it RH only before Jacob did it. But it's going back a few years, I might be wrong.

There is footage of Dawid Skoczylas doing it in Consumed you might be thinking of that.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah

There is footage of Dawid Skoczylas doing it in Consumed you might be thinking of that.

It was that. Good knowledge.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Am I the tallest person on here not to have done it? 6ft 2.

NaoB

• player
I'm 5'9" which should put me in the 'tall enough to easily send Deliverance' camp. However.... I had one session on it about 15 years ago and got tantalisingly close (tips on the top). In retrospect, I really wish I'd made the effort to return and seal the deal at the time. Not just because there may have been a FFA up for grabs (tbh I just assumed Leah had done it with her amazing dynamic abilities), but mainly because there's no way my knees or ankles would be up for attempting it these days. C'est la vie...

Ross Barker

• menacing presence
  • Deathly afraid of traverses
Here to join the "tall guys who haven't done it" group. Don't think I've put more than 30 minutes into it though! I'm just proud that I managed to do Trackside the shit reachy way.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
The one time it did Deliverance was via some unapproved crimper's beta (courtesy of Si Moore). This involves front pointing on a pebble, and crimping the edge of the flake. Not sure if this is more or less short person friendly than the standard high foot beta, but it does mean you don't have to lean out as much when winding up for the jump.

chrisbrooke

• regular
    • My youtube shuffling
I think I might be the shortest tall man who’s climbed it two-handed whilst still being shit…..
Not sure that warrants some sort of FA label though.

On topic, that’s impressive as it is surprising. I’d assumed that it gets lapped by female wads, especially with all the modern jumpy climbing that goes on, so it’s very interesting to hear that’s not the case.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Here to join the "tall guys who haven't done it" group. Don't think I've put more than 30 minutes into it though! I'm just proud that I managed to do Trackside the shit reachy way.

The crux is queueing with all the Londons. I failed to overcome this hurdle and haven't returned in the intervening 10 years.

SA Chris

• forum hero
Don't think I've put more than 30 minutes into it though!

I think I gave it ten minutes at the end of a day, decided it was too warm and I needed skin for tomorrow, and walked away. Felt a bit of a zoo, with half a dozen folk trying it, who had no place there, me included.

I would have thought it had had a lot of female ascents too.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Am I the tallest person on here not to have done it? 6ft 2.

tomtom is 6' 3, he put longer than ten minutes into it too.

Felt a bit of a zoo, with half a dozen folk trying it, who had no place there.

Just been looking for female ascents on ukc, the number of dnf s listed suggests that goes on a lot

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
And didn't Marc Le Menestrel do it static? Flash? On his first day on grit?

He's quite short isn't he?

chrisbrooke

• regular
    • My youtube shuffling

The crux is queueing with all the Londons. I failed to overcome this hurdle and haven't returned in the intervening 10 years.

Turn up at 5am on a week day in the middle of summer and it'll just be you and the sheep. :2thumbsup:

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk

No, Yes, Yes and Yes, respectively.

Marc was the first person (to my knowledge) to use the high right foot method, which is where the “static” myth comes from. This was about 97 I guess,

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.

No, Yes, Yes and Yes, respectively.

Marc was the first person (to my knowledge) to use the high right foot method, which is where the “static” myth comes from. This was about 97 I guess,

Wasn’t this the same trip when he did Brad Pit with the ultimate technique mantle rock over method?  IMO the most aesthetic beta?

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Same day. Possibly the same hour.

Best bit of climbing I’ve ever witnessed.

SA Chris

• forum hero
Turn up at 5am on a week day in the middle of summer and it'll just be you and the sheep. :2thumbsup:

I might cycle up there with my Spanish spotter. Job done.

SA Chris

• forum hero
tomtom is 6' 3, he put longer than ten minutes into it too.
Darn, outlanked.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Wasn’t this the same trip when he did Brad Pit with the ultimate technique mantle rock over method?

Can anyone describe in more detail what this is?

remus

• forum hero
Wasn’t this the same trip when he did Brad Pit with the ultimate technique mantle rock over method?

Can anyone describe in more detail what this is?

Toe on the rail, see Ben Moon in hard grit for a demo. Jason Myers did the FA with some wild low feet smearing on nothing, the heel beta came along at a later date.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Toe on the rail, see Ben Moon in hard grit for a demo. Jason Myers did the FA with some wild low feet smearing on nothing, the heel beta came along at a later date.

Or that controversial OTE cover. I think in all honesty the heel beta came along after the over-brushing of the rail improved it to the point where a heel was feasible.

RE the OP - I'm on the short man (5 foot 6 and a bit), nearly-but-not-quite list for Deliverance. Hand my hand on the top and dropped it a couple of times. Think that ship may have sailed with my middle-aged knees and ankles now!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal