UKBouldering.com

Will Bosi has repeated Burden of Dreams (Read 23353 times)

Wellsy

• forum hero
Will Bosi has repeated Burden of Dreams
April 13, 2023, 09:15:19 am
Word on the street is that Will has done BoD...

Ross Barker

• menacing presence
  • Deathly afraid of traverses
Is that word based entirely on Toru's use of the "🙌" emoji, or is there anything a bit more concrete out there?

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
Which word on which street?

Bradders

• forum hero
Is that word based entirely on Toru's use of the "🙌" emoji, or is there anything a bit more concrete out there?

Spotted that and did wonder.

Wellsy

• forum hero

Someone posted on UKB about it

JamieG

• forum hero
I assume they're talking about the fourth image of this Instagram story.  :shrug:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/saruzaemon9/3079621282829465419/

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
I assume they're talking about the fourth image of this Instagram story.  :shrug:

That is thin gruel. I got all excited about this this morning!

Bradders

• forum hero

That is thin gruel. I got all excited about this this morning!

It would not be surprising if he had done it though. And his ascent of Alphane was rather daftly shrouded in secrecy until a big coordinated reveal, so at the moment this is all we have to go on!

Liamhutch89

• forum hero
Toru already went home, he's just reminiscing on his trip and giving his mates a call out :lol:

The screenshot he posted seems to be from Will's really good go where he tickled the last hold from the start.

I remain unconvinced.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 03:41:09 pm by Liamhutch89 »

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Will's done it.

Got up at 5am, left the gite on his own, met a Spanish dog at the crag who spotted him. No video footage unfortunately, phone didn't charge overnight. I heard it from the Spanish dog. Pedro says "el woofo".

spidermonkey09

• forum hero

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D

Teaboy

• forum hero
First person to do two 9A? (could even be three I guess!)

remus

• forum hero

Beaten to that particular milestone by Shawn Rabotou (Alphane + Megatron) and Simone Lorenzi (Soudain Seul + Alphane). First person to repeat two 9As though, and interestingly both in pretty different styles.

https://climbing-history.org/list/17/strongest-male-boulderers

Danny

• junky
Possibly the most significant repeat in recent history. What a hero Bosi is. Super interesting to see his live streams, but kinda glad he decided to stop doing them.

Liamhutch89

• forum hero
It would not be surprising if he had done it though. And his ascent of Alphane was rather daftly shrouded in secrecy until a big coordinated reveal, so at the moment this is all we have to go on!

Nail on head. I don't begrudge it too much though if Lattice and whoever else have bankrolled his trip and made it feasible.

I recall having a discussion about this boulder last year and if I recall correctly, JWI was of the opinion that for someone to repeat this boulder in a single trip, they would need to be demonstrably better than Nalle was (generally climbing 8C boulders in a day). Now having climbed two 9A boulders in one trip each, 8C+ in a couple of days, and many 8B and 8B+ flashes, Will must be number 1 right now for bouldering, and I won't be surprised at an 8C flash soon enough.

Wellsy

• forum hero
"Not as hard as Honey Badger"

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop

Not bad for a sports climber!!!!

Although part of me finds social media quite hard to swallow following his attempts has been fascinating. Considering most climbers just post their successes online I've got a lot of respect for what he's done. He could of failed.

36chambers

• forum hero

Beaten to that particular milestone by Shawn Rabotou (Alphane + Megatron) and Simone Lorenzi (Soudain Seul + Alphane). First person to repeat two 9As though, and interestingly both in pretty different styles.

https://climbing-history.org/list/17/strongest-male-boulderers

We've got some good combos going now, someone who's done two 9A FAs, someone who's repeated two 9As, and someone who's FA'd one and repeated one.

Even better, all the 9As have now been climbed by people who have either also done Alphane or have sunk a good bit of time into it (Daniel Woods, who obviously FA'd Return of the Sleep Walker). We could have a reasonable consensus of 9A now, if Alphane holds the grade...

gme

• forum hero
Effort Will. Been so good watching this happen over the trip and he’s showed how much goes into getting these things done.
I think this will be the first repeat of a proper 9A as alphane will get down graded and SS already has questions raised on the grade.
Most importantly it’s a proper boulder problem, we all know deep down that anything over 10/12 moves is a route.

Wellsy

• forum hero
https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/2023/04/first_repeat_of_burden_of_dreams_9a_by_will_bosi-73279

Some comments from Will on the other channel. Sounds like stiff 9A.

andy moles

• forum abuser
Interesting to see a photo of the boulder from a wider angle, I pictured it more densely forested.

Funny isn't it (or maybe not) how firsts of the grade often turn out to be really hard for that grade.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Interesting to see a photo of the boulder from a wider angle, I pictured it more densely forested.

It was previously, which may be where your mental image comes from. Bet it dries faster now!

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac

top work from Toru - simul announcement and trolling of the entire bouldering community

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal